No announcement yet.

Some POS shot our orange tabby cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that happened to me I would want someone to put me down.

Comment

Sorry to hear

Comment

So this is an outside cat? Have you considered not letting them roam at night? I wish someone would shoot my neighbor's outside cats.

Comment

You’re a dedicated cat owner, sir. I’ll give you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that’s all I got.

Comment

Kids cat went through similar when hit by a car. After couple weeks they put her down. Urine and feces just happen unknown to cat. It wasn't very long that odor and grooming issues became serious. Urinary infection also set in

Comment

You know what vets call a cat like this
                A paid vacation

Comment

Yeah man. You’re dedicated to that cat. All I can say about that. Good luck to you.

Comment

I hate this for your tabby and the family. It’s just not right

Comment

I will add to my previous comment, I’d get it a chance to show me it could and wanted to persevere but the first hint the cat isn’t rebounding well and/or doesn’t enjoy life I would put it down out of respect for it.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        If that happened to me I would want someone to put me down.
                        That ain't no joke!

Comment

Prayers…such a terrible act!

Comment

Originally posted by C.Read View Post
                            We, somewhat, share the same thoughts but since Phil refused to give up we are going to see what the steroids and antibiotics do for him. Wife and I both agreed if there's no improvement in the next couple of weeks we will bring him back to be put down. He has a follow up appointment on 12/8 with the vet.

This is the best course for you and your family. You know what’s right. Even if you up putting him down it will give you the closure of knowing you did the right thing. Good for you and hope for the best.

Comment

We had to put our old kitty down about a month ago. We had her 15 years but she had gotten so skinny and weak she could hardly get around. She was a big cat once but only weighed 5.2 pounds when we took her to the vet. It was a hard decision but we thought it was the best one for her. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Comment

Cats are tough as all get out. When I was a kid I had a big orange tom cat I named Diesel. After school one day I found out he'd been hit by a car. My grandma tried to get him but he had drug himself into a vacant lot with a bunch of old farm equipment in it. We called someone to go put him down but he was nowhere to be found. Several days later I get home from school and he was laying on the front porch. He had drug himself back home. He couldn't walk he could only drag himself with his front legs. Slowly he began to make a recovery. He could walk before it was all said and done. Took him a long time but eventually he got strong enough to walk around on his own.

Animals don't feel sorry for themselves. They recover a lot better and faster than people. All they know is living so they adapt well to whatever life throws at them. I know your vet said he'd be paralyzed for the rest of his life. I wouldn't bet on it. We didn't even take Diesel to the vet. He was on the live or die program. He got to sleep in the house and grandma doctored visible wounds with Neosporin and gave him Aspirin and Tylenol. He had a little hitch in his get along but he was well enough he left one day and went and started a family with a stray. Never came back.
                                Last edited by okrattler; 11-28-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X