Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much space between Sight ring and Peep sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much space between Sight ring and Peep sight?

How much room between your Sight Ring and Peep Sight?

Not sure what size Peep I have but it seems like there is alot of room between the 2 which cause me to "bounce" my sight around to try and center.

So what do you prefer space wise between your sight ring and your peep sight? An even amount of buffer around, barely touching the sight ring all the way around or a full coverage/eclipse around the sight ring?

There is no right answer on this topic, it really boils down to personal preference. What “fits” is not just a function of the peep aperture it also the physical sight housing which will vary make to make as well as the sight radius. Ideally a tighter fit will produce less buffer in the sight picture potentially reducing misses but isn’t but there are plenty of guys that shoot larger aperture on small housing very well. For me I like a sight picture that lets me target quickly and a tighter fit helps me achieve that. I can barely see the inside of my pin guard in my peep at full draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My preference is barely touching all the way around, but that’s just what works for me with my set up.

Comment

Just enough that I have a “reveal”. For hunting distance I’ve found (for me) peep size really made no difference. If my anchor is the same, I hit the same. I shoot a pretty large peep for low light and my eye just naturally makes everything center. I think a color ring helps me more than a light gap in low light ( if that makes sense) I can see that fluorescent color better than a light gap… that has no light , on a dark background

Comment

IMO, zero gap. Should be a perfect fit. The make peeps with removable inserts of various diameters to help accomplish this. You can also adjust your sight in and out, if it has the feature.

Comment

What about using a ksser button?

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
              IMO, zero gap. Should be a perfect fit. The make peeps with removable inserts of various diameters to help accomplish this. You can also adjust your sight in and out, if it has the feature.

I’m also zero gap. It is very easy to get situated quickly.

My sons bow has a little gap and it takes me forever to align everything up.

Comment

Used to use a 3/16 and had it screw me in low light. Now I only shoot a 1/4 inch raptor peep and just went with a bigger sight ring.

The one nice thing is if you do have peep rotation at the absolute worst time, if you have a little bit of gap then you’ve still got room to spare. It’s not as accurate obviously but I’d rather have that than a 1/8 turn and have to do gymnastics at full draw.

Comment

Thinking about it mine is a tight fit. But I might go to a little bigger when I restring for a little bit clearer picture.

Comment

Working...
                  X