New Bow day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow day

My Bear Takedown finally came in. Wrestled back and forth between the Bubinga and the Black maple and decided on the maple….limbs don’t quite match the riser like it showed in the website photo but I guess it’s close enough.

String it up and fired a few shots…..the riser has been getting some flack online because it has a “chunky” grip, which it does, but man it feels great. At 57# and 56” amo it’s a tad heavier than the Kodiak on the draw but still smooth and the arrows seem to zip pretty good. My 400’s are a tad underspined I think so getting some 350’s worked up along with some string silencers and a new quiver.

Looking forward to using this bow….at my draw/height the 56” bow is much more handy than the 60” Kodiak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful bow sir.

Comment

Good luck with her!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Every one of these I see/read get me another step closer to jumping in the trad waters. Beautiful bow!

Comment

Sweet bow! I think that'll hunt just fine.

Comment

Enjoy your new bow. I think that you can make the 400 spine arrows work fine in that bow. Play with your tip weight some.

Comment

Nice bow! Always a good day!

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

She’s a beaut!

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                  Enjoy your new bow. I think that you can make the 400 spine arrows work fine in that bow. Play with your tip weight some.
                  I’ve got 150 grain points up front of a 100 grain outsert….spine chart shows it to be a tad weak.

What are your thoughts on this? Total arrow weight is 553 grains or 9.7 GPP

Comment

Originally posted by gwellstx View Post
                    Every one of these I see/read get me another step closer to jumping in the trad waters. Beautiful bow!

Do it! It’s one of the most exciting and rewarding outdoor pursuits I’ve been involved in.

I’m a year and a half in and am loving it

Comment

Been thinking of Bear takedown .. thread’s not helping my self-restraint
                      Beautiful bow

Comment

Nice bow

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

well.....sad ending to this story.

Got it set up and shooting....and shooting pretty dang good! Bow liked 400 spine arrows with a 125 grain point in front of the 100 grain outsert and I was getting used to the heavier draw weight ( big difference between 57 and 47#, let me tell you ). After the first 20 or so arrows the bow developed a creak in the upper limb. quick online search revealed this is a common problem with these bows. did the recommended fixes , put adhesive backed felt over contact points, put wax on the limb holder, etc....but never could get it fixed. after i would reseat the limb in the pocket, the first shot was always silent but every shot after that had a noticable creak. Messed with it for over 3 hours today and never could get it right

called Bear and then 3 Rivers.....I'm shipping the bow back to 3 Rivers tomorrow for replacement. Pretty miffed I spent this much on a bow to have to send it back and miss being able to hunt with it this weekend.

Comment

Yeah I just couldn't buy a newer Bear bow. Not that every one of them is bad, but I see enough issues posted frequently enough, that I couldn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X