No announcement yet.

10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you calculate the 6 months = $4800? I thought I read that they leased it for $175/day???

$175 x 30days =$5250 x 6 months = $31,500 x 40% = $12,600 you are owed. What am I missing?

Comment

Good luck, Kevin. Sounds like some scam artists for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        How did you calculate the 6 months = $4800? I thought I read that they leased it for $175/day???

$175 x 30days =$5250 x 6 months = $31,500 x 40% = $12,600 you are owed. What am I missing?

Is $175 what they lease it out to customers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Kevin said....

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          Some of you seem to be confused, based on your comments.
          To clarify:

We signed a contract with a company that has a fleet of rental trailers.
          They rent them out, just like you'd do on rvshare or outdoorsy.
          When the trailer is rented, we get 40% of the rental fee.
          They're supposed to clean the trailer after each rental and do any maintenance required.

The detective called Tina a short while ago. He's going by Vakay, TODAY, to see if our trailer is on their lot. If it is, he is going to inform them what's going on an that we will come get it today. If it's not there, he will let them know that if they don't get it back to us, they're going to have problems.

This is moving pretty quick, which makes me happy. I know the legal end of this, to collect our money won't be nearly as quick.

Ft Bend Sheriff has been nothing but helpful through this ordeal.

Comment

I'm guessing that the long term rental rate is less than $175 a day.

Comment

HOLD ON A SECOND. People are paying $2000 a month to rent a camper?????

Comment

Why do you think so many people renting them now on the coast for Vacation VRBO kinda things. Crazy

Comment

Guessing, or hoping, the owner of the company is in handcuffs by now.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                    I hope this also. But odds are he's no where to be found today. Or making some excuse about taking longer to fix the trailer than thought... But this can't be it because Texastaxi could then go see the trailer.

Comment

curious how it looks when you pick it up

Comment

Vakay Rentals is posting on Facebook several times a day. The latest is offering trailers to displaced people from Florida.

Time to light them up?

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                          They have been posting on their Facebook page all day, seems business as usual for them. Can't believe they get away with doing this to folks day after day.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
                            Vakay Rentals is posting on Facebook several times a day. The latest is offering trailers to displaced people from Florida.

Time to light them up?

Will see how long my post stays up [emoji1]

Comment

Kevin, hope this all works out. As far as collecting later, I'm with RR. Go after them as quick as you can. Don't wait for the others to get their crap together. Vacay might be able to pay you off but, add in 10 others and its 15 years before your see all your money

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                                Will see how long my post stays up [emoji1]
                                Just read it Strummer.. Nice!

And PhilCam LOL

They won't like those posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X