Framing Package Prices??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framing Package Prices??

Anyone seeing any relief yet on framing packages with lumber down into the high 5’s per 1000 bird feet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's dropping rapidly

Comment

Confirm it is dropping. Cedar is not dropping but others are and it's working through the system

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ready to see the drop as we will be buying the lumber for our new house and cabin very soon.

Comment

Neighbor is a sells guy at a big yard and he said custom build packages are dropping fast.

Comment

We were supposed to start in Feb. We changed our house plans because it got so bad, and we're going out for rebid right now. Blessing in disguise because we like the condensed plans more, and its significantly cheaper across the board thus far.

Comment

This sounds promising, as we will be starting a new home soon.

Comment

Anyone have actual prices?

Comment

My lumber package for the house I just started was 90k a few months ago. As of last Friday we are at 65k. Exactly where I had budgeted for lumber.

Comment

Great to hear! I think a MIL cabin is in our near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                      My lumber package for the house I just started was 90k a few months ago. As of last Friday we are at 65k. Exactly where I had budgeted for lumber.
                      What square footage?

Comment

depends on the bird..!!
                        Sorry.... I just couldn't help myself....

Comment

Lumber and structural panels are down significantly. Engineered wood, any/all Cornice material, and cedar are all either the same or up.
                          Availability on common lumber and panels is good. Hardie, Allura, LP, Collins exterior trim/soffit are all still on allocation and very difficult to source, same with LVLs, prefab web trusses, I-Joists. Cedar is hit & miss.

Comment

Originally posted by jake03 View Post
                            What square footage?
                            My house which is still not started (not happy), is right at 2500 sq ft heated and cooled and 3K under roof. In May my lumber package was $60K and trusses were $32K so total of $92K. Will have my contractor rebid for sure. Btw my construction is actually a remodel although 80% of final product will be new.

Comment

Good to hear. My mom is breaking ground in the next 30 days. Heading in right direction!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X