Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else purposely live in their own little world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody else purposely live in their own little world?

With all the BS going on I've found that I'm happier by not participating in it. Facebook used to be fun in college then it got political so I deleted mine a few years ago. Haven't watched cable news in a long time as all it did was hype me up, they always want you stressing about something. Recently I've stopped checking news websites too, it seems like all the media wants is for us to be divided. I still enjoy talk radio to a certain extent. For the most part I focus on work, family, and my hobbies. Life has become more enjoyable that way for me.

Gotta agree with you on all your points. Still have Facebook, but find myself checking it less often.

Comment

I ditched facebook along time ago.

Comment

I generally do this also. The political situation in the country for the last 15-20 years has gone past zero barrier for me, so I try to stick my head in the sand and deal with what I can have some effect on.

Comment

Funny you mention this... I deleted the app this week

Morons don't understand you can support cops and hate racism, or dislike both parties.

I don't watch the news anymore due to the agenda they all push

Comment

unplugged from all the BS a while ago. They only show you what they want and it is mostly negative. Why would anyone want to live that way?

Comment

I hear ya. Used to watch the news religiously. Now all it does is upsets me. I watch just enough to keep my updated. much easier on my stress level. I take care of my own & leave the rest outside.

Comment

I still have FB but it really is just family and close friends. Acquantances and people who are too political or put 987 pictures of their new baby up there daily get hid from view. Of course I come on here. I don't watch any major news programs. Once you really start seeing them for what they are, its infuriating to watch. I get my weather from an app and might tune in if a big storm is coming. There are people, more and more each day, who are addicted to outrage and being victims and they NEED that fix every day. I believe its only going to get worse going forward unfortunately.

Comment

I have Instagram, and that's pretty much it. I get on it less and less. I saw the black out political stuff yesterday and just got off for the rest of the day. I try and avoid the news, Facebook, and all the platforms the media has to try and scare us. I did check it the past two days, and it is incredible how fast they forgot about the Covid. It was the only thing on the news, now its second page. Why? Because what is the one thing better than striking fear in people? Sure seems like racism is better for views judging off the big media outlets the last couple days. The division in this country is scary, and I think the media needs to wear most of the blame for the division right now. The big media guys accompanied with social media outlets are just pushing people farther and farther apart.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                    unplugged from all the BS a while ago. They only show you what they want and it is mostly negative. Why would anyone want to live that way?

...in order to become a better DemoKraut.

Yea, I never had an account on the book of faces, and only try to catch enough local news to know what's going on in my immediate area... frankly, I can check here on the GS and find out about all I need to know in order to keep up with things to keep myself/family out of trouble... MUCH better weather reporting here and more detailed also. Will have to say though, that I'm on here less n less with all this political BS we find ourselves mixed up in...

Comment

I have actually never had social media (briefly had a ******* when I was.......a long time ago lol)

Only forums I participate in are hunting and truck related.

Sometimes it’s irritating when people with FB know stuff going on before I do but oh well. Life has always been much simpler without social media in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Unless TBH qualifies, I've never been on social media - FB, Twitter, etc. I have not watched a national news program in years. I catch the local news most days but haven't even watched that much in several weeks since it's 90% COVID or protest talk. I stay informed by spending several hours a day reading news websites but there's only so much I can stomach. I also read a lot of opinion journalism from across the political spectrum. I find that most helpful in gaining perspective - I force myself to read opinions from smart people I disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                          I have actually never had social media (briefly had a ******* when I was.......a long time ago lol)

Only forums I participate in are hunting and truck related.

Sometimes it’s irritating when people with FB know stuff going on before I do but oh well. Life has always been much simpler without social media in my life.

LMAO wonder why TBH blocked out my-space??

Comment

TBH is no different than Facebook anymore, the Magnificent 7 from the political forum dominates this place for 12-14 hours a day now.

Sad to see this place go this route, there are a lot of good people that dont post much anymore. Whenever I talk or text with other TBH members, we talk about how bad the politics and attitudes have taken over. Maybe its just a cycle and will get better again.

Comment

Many maybe too many unplugged a long time ago and that is why we are where we are at. The so called silent majority didn't know how much the leftist politicians were destroying our country and it may be too late to save it. Filter the BS stay informed and vote based on your beliefs and not on what some politician is saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X