Cargo trailer to camper conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargo trailer to camper conversion.

I bought a 24’ cargo trailer off of the classifieds last year. I’m finally getting around to working on it.

Plan is a full bathroom with 36”x36” shower, sink, and toilet. Small kitchen counter top, sink, and a few cabinets. Microwave and refrigerator. I’ll probably build a set of queen bunks and possibly a set of twin bunks. There will be a futon as well. I plan on hanging a tv on a wall mount.

It’s wired just like a house therefore I’ll need a generator capable of 240.

I will be installing a mini split ac and an electric instant hot water heater.

Here are a few pictures.

In for this. Should be a cool build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will need a big generator for an electric instant water heater. I put one in a small house and it required a separate 60 amp circuit for it

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        You will need a big generator for an electric instant water heater. I put one in a small house and it required a separate 60 amp circuit for it

I’m still weighing my options on that. I’m not opposed to an instant lpg heater.

Comment

I'll be watching. I plan to do a scaled down version to a 16-18 footer as soon as I find the right one.

Comment

A lot of work, but I've seen some fantastic builds. The rv Instant hot water heaters won't need that kind of amperage, but the LP are better in my opinion. One thought, if you build the bunks to fold up like a murphy bed, you'd be able to hall a 4 wheeler etc in the back.
            Have fun with the build, waiting to see the finished little house.

Comment

Love these builds. Best thing I ever did. I went less is more with my power supply. I will build a smaller one one day to drag around in the mountains and such. Have fun with it.

Comment

I did a smaller build on one, I'd recommend putting some windows in it. if its really nice you can open them for some fresh air, but if the weather is nasty and your stuck inside it for most of the day you'll at least be able to see outside. I didn't have windows in mine for the first two years and finally put some in!

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
                  I did a smaller build on one, I'd recommend putting some windows in it. if its really nice you can open them for some fresh air, but if the weather is nasty and your stuck inside it for most of the day you'll at least be able to see outside. I didn't have windows in mine for the first two years and finally put some in!
                  I added the one in the door. I also have another to add that opens.

Comment

Don't forget some jacks at each corner, don't want a tippy trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                      I’m still weighing my options on that. I’m not opposed to an instant lpg heater.

Or you could find dual one like what’s in most campers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                        Look at an RV water heater. Maybe a used one? Or just get a metal water tank and use one of these kits:
                        https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Hot-Wat.../dp/B0024ECCJW

We installed one of these in our motor home a couple months back as our RV water heater is propane only. This little 120V electric kit will heat up the water to almost 120* in about 1.5 hours - by itself! Works really well.

Comment

In

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

In

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

in like flinn

Comment

Working...
                              X