People with dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I use the Lake Worth location mostly. But White Settlement and Fort Worth/ Basswood are also locations I use.

Gary
    White Settlement is the worst when it comes to poorly trained dogs. I actually stopped taking my training dogs to the Home Depot there because we have run into multiple poorly misbehaving dogs with worthless owners. Used to take some of my training dogs there first thing in the morning before a lot of people show up. Manager there is really dog friendly but not afraid to ask people to leave if their dogs are acting up if you talk to him about them. There just seems to be way to many irresponsible owners in that area because that isn’t the only place I run into them. Constantly dealing with other dogs when I go to local parks or pond I use for training.

Comment

Dogs in stores don't bother me.

I'm in Home Depot 7 times a week and I have never seen bad behavior from a dog.

I don't take our Dobermans in stores though.

Kids. As far as I'm concerned they should be confined to the home until they are 18. You're crotch fruit ain't special.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
        So I wonder what a dog bite would be worth if someone's psycho dog left his dental print on someone's leg? ...and who'd pay? Dog owner, Lowe's for lettin' em in or both? Heaven forbid a kid tried to play with one and got bit. Just curious.. Other than actual service dogs, I don't care how awesome someone's dog is and don't care to see it when I'm shopping or eating.
        Chances are with me I'd be the one paying because the dog would be irreparably damaged.

Gary

Comment

I don't care for people taking non-service animals into the store. There's way too many irresponsible dog owners out there.

Sure, I get Pet's Mart or perhaps TSC or a similar feed store. Those types of shops cater to pet owners and it makes sense.

However, it doesn't make sense for casual trips to HD, Lowes, grocery stores, Wal-mart, etc.

You may love your dog and they very well may be considered part of your family. That's great. However, other people may not have similar feelings about your dog and that should be respected. I don't know where your Fido has been or what **** it's been licking up off the floor, so pardon me, if I don't care for a strange dog coming up to me and invading my personal space.

Some dog owners literally have gone full retard these days. There's a young lady that lives a couple blocks down from us. A couple weeks ago, she was walking her dog on the sidewalk in front of our house. Her dog took a big one in our front lawn and I just happen to have been outside at this time. She started walking away and I ran out there and kindly asked if she would pick up her dog's mess. This lady literally thought I was crazy. I'm like, it's your dog, you either pick that crap up off my lawn or you let your dog take a crap on your own yard. I can't understand how anyone thinks it's ok for their dog to due business in someone else's yard and not pick it up.

Comment

So now we need a safe space for non-dog lovers?

Lol!

Comment

I haven’t read this whole thread, but I will say this:

I have a very friendly mutt. I’ve taken him in petco, petsmart, tractor supply, etc.
              I’ve taken him to the office a couple times when weather was BAD. like 34 degrees and raining, and both myself and my wife we working 8 hour days.

But: I won’t ever take him inside a restaurant or grocery store.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Lol!
                Nah. We just need few more people to exercise a little common sense and leave their dogs in a safe space...you know, like at home.

Lol!

Comment

Dogs, cats, or animals should not be in stores or on planes. My wife is extremely allergic to animal hair. If we come across an animal in a store we normally leave Emotional support animals have gotten out of hand. I realize they are great for some but I need an emotional support dog cause my keeps peeing on my floor in my house is ridiculous.

Comment

A dog in Home Depot for what? I don't get it. I understand having a dog with you if you're disabled in some way. Otherwise what's wrong with leaving it in the backyard while you go shopping? They're not kids. They can take care of their self while you're out getting lumber and a few sheets of plywood to make a dog house. These are the kind of people that put coats and crap like that on their dogs in the Winter time. I think God had it figured out when he put fur on them. I'm pretty sure dogs don't like us making decisions for them all of the time. What makes anyone think they'd rather go walk around the store and look at power tools with you when they could be sleeping on the couch or digging through the trash like they do when you're not around?

Let me let you in on a little secret. Your dog only needs you around to feed it. Otherwise there a million other things they'd rather do than go shopping with you.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 04-06-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Every vehicle I own has a dog bed in the front passenger floor board. My old Lab has been logged several times more miles in a truck with me than my family over the last 12 years, but I’ve NEVER taken her in a store with me.
                      I’m not “offended” by those who do, but I just see them as attention whores.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Lol!
                        I sincerely care for both of my dogs and they make trips to the ranch with me all the time.
                        But not to the store.
                        In fact I'd rather have them with me than a lot of people.

Gary

Comment

I’d take my wife’s dogs to Home Depot

If I could leave them there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I Agree

Comment

I love Dogs ....But if they in store gota be in basket...if they don't fit then they stay in your truck....It there legit service dog there welcome how ever...

Comment

I take my mini Aussie with me when I go to Ace or feed store and TSC when I'm at the lease. But not to grocery stores and Walmarts. Not the place for dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X