My heart just skipped about 20 beats!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart just skipped about 20 beats!!!

As stated above, we just experienced a very frightful event at the Chef residence!!!! Thank the good lord that my son is still here and not seriously injured!!!

I get home from work and decide to trim some bushes with the old school clippers. The kids are running around being kids when all of a sudden I hear a blood curdling scream from my daughter who is 10-15 yards to my left. Shes jumping up and down screaming Robbie Robbie Robbie and pointing around the corner of the house. I drop the clippers, take the 5 steps to the corner of the house then see the top of my sons head sticking out of our septic tank!!!! I cleared that 20-30 feet without even breathing!!! Grab his arm and pull him out of the tank. Time stops.... He has solid waste water from the waste down and is clenching on to me with a death grip!!!! Once we get him cleaned up and everyone stopped crying we discussed what happened and what to do in an event like this in the future (they are 8&4).

Too many things to be grateful for tonight!!! I'm grateful that they were together. I'm grateful that I was so close. I'm grateful that he only got a few scrapes and bruises. I'm grateful that he is still here with us!!!! Thank the lord for watching over us today!!!

Y’all are very lucky. That has always been a fear of mine when I see plastic lids on septic tanks. Glad everyone is ok.

Comment

Holy cow! Glad everyone is okay. Did the lid break? Be sure to disinfect the boy really well.

Comment

Dang man that is scary! Glad he is ok

Comment

Thank God for your daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God that scared me just reading it.

Comment

Get a tetanus shot if he needs one

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                Get a tetanus shot if he needs one
                He stands a better chance of getting hepatitis than tetanus. Get him checked out either way, and I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Comment

That would make a heart skip a beat or two.....did the lid break or what?

Comment

��������

Comment

Wow glad he is ok, I had a dream when I was about 4 that I fell in ours. I have been scared of them for nearly 40 years. I would face down a mad momma grizzly before I get near a septic tank.

Comment

Supposed to be ��

Comment

Wow!
                          Glad he is ok

Comment

Thank God everyone is ok...im not looking forward to seeing what messes my girls get themselves into as they get older.

Comment

Did the lid break?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X