Redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redfish

So whats your largest red and at what lenght would you say, "I'm mountong this one." I'm headed to the coast in October and plan on bringing home a personal best to mount. I'm thinging anything over 45". Whats your thoughts?

Replica... my thoughts.

Comment

Redfish

My best is about 40” honestly haven’t ever considered mounting one. It would have to be very unique not necessarily a certain size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never caught one over 35 much less 45 but for a replica it would have to have a bunch of spots or something to hang one on the wall

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think an upper slot sized red looks better than bull red. I probably wouldn't mount a big one but a unique one would be cool.

Comment

I’ve got one on my wall that’s 42 inches

Comment

I'm all for unique.

Comment

My niece caught a 51 off my boat years ago. I’ve caught a bunch over 45. I will say a 25-30 inch fish with multiple spots makes a better replica. I had one with 19 spots that I should have taken better photos of.
                With new electronics catching those bull reds has become fairly easy

Comment

Biggest one I ever caught was 51" from the surf.

If you catch one for the wall, just take some good photos and release it. No need to kill it for a replica, and they aren't any good to eat that size.

Comment

Biggest I have landed was this 38 inch one had a hard time not getting a replica made will probably never catch one like it again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                      Biggest I have landed was this 38 inch one had a hard time not getting a replica made will probably never catch one like it again.
                      You should’ve had one made! That is a nice red, all spotted up.

Comment

I got a 48 1/2 but am holding out for a 50+ for the wall!

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                          ...Winner and thread wrecker! Beautiful Red! You should have done a replica

Comment

38” for me. When I catch one over 40 in the bay on a plastic, I’ll have a replica made.

Comment

I’ve only caught one in my life and it was 48 1/2 “ I wish I would have got a replica of it .

Comment

Working...
                              X