Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When in doubt call a dog. Saved my trophy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When in doubt call a dog. Saved my trophy.

I'm late getting this posted. But I was graced to get the deer of a lifetime opening day. He came out at 7:15 before the feeder went off.

When I took the shot, I thought it was perfect. Waited a short time and went to find him. Blood everywhere. Tracked it for about 100 yards and the blood dried up. I started freaking out. We have watched this deer for several years and my stomach hurt at the thought of losing it. So I call my buddy Travis at Shannon's Processing in Cherokee and he turned me on to Matt McWilliams.

I called Matt and he came out with his wife and their dog, Jock. They were amazing. The dog recovered the deer that traveled roughly 650 yards. I had just read a post roughly a week prior about watching the positioning of the deer when taking the shot. He was leaned forward more than I thought and my behind the shoulder lung turned into behind the shoulder liver.

I can't say enough about Matt, his wife and Jock. I'm so appreciative that they were there to help me. Thank you very much.
    Attached Files

Awesome! Congrats. That's a good one.

Comment

Glad you were able to recover! What broadhead were you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        Glad you were able to recover! What broadhead were you using?
        100g swhacker.

Comment

Big one..

Comment

Great buck and congrats.

Comment

shot placement looks good but was it a good shot? I cant tell from the picture. Congrats on the deer and successful recover. I love happy endings....lol

Comment

Nice

Comment

Very nice buck, congratulations on getting him. The shot placement on that still shot sure looks good but I can see where it may have hit liver now that you mention it. Glad you found it.

Comment

Congrats, nice one

Comment

Glad you were able to recover him. I have heard nothing but good things about Mr. McWillams and his tracking service.

Rwc

Comment

Is this from "Buffalo" pasture? Not going to mention Ranch name....
                        Congrats! I have been watching that same deer on Taylor for the last couple of years. My heart sank when I saw he had been taken....happy (kind of) for you! Congrats on a phenomenal buck!!

Comment

Congrats on recovering a great buck.

Comment

Nice buck congratulations

Comment

Great deer. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X