Shocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
    Yes, Jesus was sent to Earth to preach the gospel and make disciples then to be hung on a cross, crucified for all of our sins. For those who believe in him will have eternal life, no ifs, ands, or buts. This is what the new Testament is all around and not how in the old testament that was legalistic in how sd someone gets into heaven.
    Please show me where if someone commits a sin, but they have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, that they will go to hell.
    You're right, but it's a matter of the heart still. Christ said this...
    Matthew 7:21-23 English Standard Version (ESV)
    I Never Knew You
    21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Example - After 9/11 preachers screamed fire and hell. Lots of scared people who never went to church went that weekend. They were told Just say you believe and repent and be saved. Lots were "saved" that day but never went to church again. Were they saved?
      True belief and repentance aren't simply a one and done deal like some make it out to be. It's a moment of belief and repentance that leads to a continued lifestyle that confirms the reality of a true conversion. If a person's claimed conversion was solely based on just one moment in time when they "prayed a prayer" and "asked Jesus into their heart", and then went on to live like hell, that person is deceived to think they are saved. We are imperfect flawed humans and will fail after being saved but we will despise sin when it rears its head in our lives and our heart will be to continually turn away from sin and turn toward God. A biblical belief and repentance will always be followed by a love for and an obedience to the one who saved us....Jesus. Jesus said "if you love me, you will obey me". A true believer will grow in their love of God and grow in their hatred for any sin that appears in their own lives. I would say, based on what the bible teaches, that if a person fell into the scenario you described back on 9/11, made a profession, and then had no change in their lives, no love for God and His bride (the Church), and no desire to follow and fellowship with Christ.... then no, they were not saved. They had an emotional response to a message that never produced any fruit to prove the authenticity of their salvation.

2 Corithians 13:5 says "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?"

1 John is a great book to read if a person wants to test themselves to see if they are really a believer according to how scripture defines it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
        You're right, but it's a matter of the heart still. Christ said this...

Matthew 7:21-23 English Standard Version (ESV)

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
        This^^^^

It's a matter of a change of heart, not just changing what one does. When one truly accepts Christ their heart changes. When the heart changes, so does ones life and how it is lived.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

What a great discussion to this point in this thread. Some very good thoughts posted, and even thoughts from some that I have had discussion with who actually struggle with the whole "God" and "religion" thing.

It is true that Satan himself believes in Jesus Christ. He just chose to NOT follow His teachings and in fact being a "fallen angel" is "hell-bent" on destroying as many believers as he can. He even tempted Jesus after God led him into the wilderness and back to "town". Satan used his words that if Jesus had been unknowing of God's (His) Word could have fallen victim to Satan and thus been destroyed. But Jesus defeated and survived the temptation by casting off Satan's attempts at trying to get him to fall by using God's Word to defeat him.

The same is true for all of us. When we in fact do accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, a new life is created. We are immediately justified in Christ and saved, but the process of "sanctification" is a process. We refer to it as a "walk". We have prayed to God and asked Him to change us and save us from our sin. We must learn how to do that. If our heart is changed, we indeed will grow closer to Christ-like living as long as we live on this earth or until Jesus returns. For instance, the thief on the cross next to Jesus asked Him to remember him right after he had made a profession to the other thief who had rejected him telling him that this "man" had done nothing wrong, but that he and the other thief he was talking to deserved the punishment they were receiving. Jesus did not... Professing that belief, the asking Jesus to remember him, Jesus told him straight up that he'd see him in Paradise. When the Reverend Bill Graham was saved, he spent the next 70+ years actively serving Christ and His bride the Church... These are two extremes. Both men went to heaven when they died and both had cups that runneth over with peace, joy and everlasting happiness and life... It's just that their cups are not the same size so to speak. Both are just as saved and both perfectly formed and full of eternal joy and happiness.

For us to receive that same eternal joy and happiness will be different for each and everyone of us, but since Jesus knows the very numbers of hairs on your head, he knows everything you do and most importantly what is in your heart... If your heart is changed and your efforts and intentions are to serve Him, when you mess up, asking, you will be forgiven. If there's no change in heart or attitude, there's no "justification" to begin with and no "sanctification" process was begun... whether it was 10 minutes ago, on 100 years ago...

Paul wrote to the Corinthians very clearly about this and then further clarified it to the Galatians

2Co 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Gal 6:15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Comment

Don Quixote

Comment

Here's one I like.
              To me it sums it all up.
              John 14:6
              I AM the way the truth and the light. No one comes to the the Father except through me.

This verse refunds me off another.

When Moses was talking with God before going to see Pharaoh. Moses asked God a question.
              If they ask who sent me, what do I say to them.
              Good said tell them I AM sent you

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                Yes, Jesus was sent to Earth to preach the gospel and make disciples then to be hung on a cross, crucified for all of our sins. For those who believe in him will have eternal life, no ifs, ands, or buts. This is what the new Testament is all around and not how in the old testament that was legalistic in how sd someone gets into heaven.
                Please show me where if someone commits a sin, but they have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, that they will go to hell.
                Perfect, I guess the devil is good to go because he believes in Jesus Even quotes scripture.

Comment

Good topic and one I struggle with because the pendulum never stops swinging.

Legalism, hellfire and brimstone on one side, and "it's all good as long as you love Jesus" on the other.

One side makes you bitter to the taste buds of the world and can paralyze you as a Christian. The other can make you appear no different from the world other than the fact that you do some church stuff.

There's a balance in there somewhere.

Comment

tagged for my drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                      tagged for my drive home.
                      Be sure to let Jesus take the wheel before you start reading

Comment

People want this Josh, not the Gospel. I want the gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yep. Sad but true Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Following logic, you are not a person.

Like I said, imagine whatever enemy you want, and "fighting" him in a sermon is a tee ball home run.

Amazing the things Christians can fight each other over. Almost as bad as 2A supporters.

Comment

I call it the "some people say" technique that Bill O. used a lot before he crashed and burned.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                What a great discussion to this point in this thread. Some very good thoughts posted, and even thoughts from some that I have had discussion with who actually struggle with the whole "God" and "religion" thing.

It is true that Satan himself believes in Jesus Christ. He just chose to NOT follow His teachings and in fact being a "fallen angel" is "hell-bent" on destroying as many believers as he can. He even tempted Jesus after God led him into the wilderness and back to "town". Satan used his words that if Jesus had been unknowing of God's (His) Word could have fallen victim to Satan and thus been destroyed. But Jesus defeated and survived the temptation by casting off Satan's attempts at trying to get him to fall by using God's Word to defeat him.

The same is true for all of us. When we in fact do accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, a new life is created. We are immediately justified in Christ and saved, but the process of "sanctification" is a process. We refer to it as a "walk". We have prayed to God and asked Him to change us and save us from our sin. We must learn how to do that. If our heart is changed, we indeed will grow closer to Christ-like living as long as we live on this earth or until Jesus returns. For instance, the thief on the cross next to Jesus asked Him to remember him right after he had made a profession to the other thief who had rejected him telling him that this "man" had done nothing wrong, but that he and the other thief he was talking to deserved the punishment they were receiving. Jesus did not... Professing that belief, the asking Jesus to remember him, Jesus told him straight up that he'd see him in Paradise. When the Reverend Bill Graham was saved, he spent the next 70+ years actively serving Christ and His bride the Church... These are two extremes. Both men went to heaven when they died and both had cups that runneth over with peace, joy and everlasting happiness and life... It's just that their cups are not the same size so to speak. Both are just as saved and both perfectly formed and full of eternal joy and happiness.

For us to receive that same eternal joy and happiness will be different for each and everyone of us, but since Jesus knows the very numbers of hairs on your head, he knows everything you do and most importantly what is in your heart... If your heart is changed and your efforts and intentions are to serve Him, when you mess up, asking, you will be forgiven. If there's no change in heart or attitude, there's no "justification" to begin with and no "sanctification" process was begun... whether it was 10 minutes ago, on 100 years ago...

Paul wrote to the Corinthians very clearly about this and then further clarified it to the Galatians

2Co 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Gal 6:15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
                                100% agree

Comment

Working...
                                X