No announcement yet.

Longest kill shot with a bow/crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally 30 yards and under... went on my first Wyoming pronghorn hunt in September and made a 60 yard shot on him.

Comment

All of the deer that I've shot have been 20 yards or less except the first 6 point buck that I shot 30 years ago. He was 60 yards. He ran maybe 50 yards and dropped.
      I've shot an elk at 45, pronghorn at 35, prairie dog at 55, and a turkey at 85. Retrieved all animals.

Comment

40 yards on a doe. However, some of the people I ran with in AZ could & did take some mulies out at
        100 yds.

Needless to say I was highly impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

56 yards on a pig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

33 yds on a deer and 87 yds in a hog.

Comment

62 on a javelina. 12 ring
              Just missed on at 110

Comment

76 yards on a Boone and Crockett swamp rabbit. He was eating directly under the 70m target and I was feeling lucky.

Comment

61 yard bull elk shot. He went 20 yards and fell over. Best shot I’ve ever made.

Comment

Back in my compound days I killed a pig at 58 yards. A mountain mule deer buck at 50. Traditional, a 21 yard turkey.

Comment

Wildebeest at 32 yds

Comment

Compound - spine shot a pig at 40. Longest kill shot with trad gear was a pig at 20. I don’t shoot beyond 15 or so at deer with my recurve.

Comment

64 on an axis doe

Nearly 110 on a goose with a large cut grim reaper - looked like running over a fancy pillow with a lawn mower with the wind blowing all the feathers across the field

Comment

Elk at 86 yards from a pop-up. I sit 5 days in a pop-up on water, never got out. Slept, ate, and everything else but an occasional bathroom break in the trees. I hit him back in the liver but didn’t go far.

Several animals around 70-80 including pronghorn, coyotes, and exotics.

Comment

52 on my very first deer with a bow and 84 on some kind of goat in SW Tx. I rarely shoot over 30 anymore.

Comment

28 on a whitetail

62 on a gobbler.

Comment

Working...
                                X