No announcement yet.

So have you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is more like - Do I really want to mess with a deer tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post

This

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        I do this on bucks all the time and then later in the season say I should have shot that deer with my bow when the rifle hunters next door kills him at 2 or 3 years old,
        We must have the same neighbors, I get mad every year. Nothing makes it past three years old around here.

Comment

I always think if I shoot em then I’d just have to clean it...so I’ll pass. Takes a pretty good one for me to want to mess with it!

Comment

not a chance. I don't see enough deer to think there could possibly be a "ill just shoot a doe later." Shes getting hit with the stick..

Comment

I will only shoot a doe during a morning sit. Not wanting to track, gut, and all that in the dark for just a doe. I haven’t shot one since my son started hunting three years ago, don’t need the meat.

Comment

Only reason I pass is if I don’t have a tag.

Comment

If given the ok I’ll shoot a doe, the LO has a rule absolutely no does.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                    This is my exact thought every single time. I like venison, but some hunts I don't like it enough to want to deal with it.

Comment

I do the same thing. I talk myself out of shooting does and putting them off. I rifle hunt and am on a pretty good place so its always pretty easy to get a doe.

Comment

I have the opposite problem and have to convince myself to not shoot. I usually let it fly.

Comment

The colder it is the less likely I am to shoot. I hate cleaning a deer when it's freezing cold. My bones are just not able to handle the cold anymore. I just tell myself there will be a warmer day to do this dastardly deed.

Comment

In the three sits this weekend, I had the three same doe in just begging for an arrow. I let them walk...really because I felt they were so small, skinny...but some of it was the hassle of cleaning, processing, etc.

Dang i'm getting lazy...

Comment

Messing up dinner... If I shoot her that will delay the steaks

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                                Messing up dinner... If I shoot her that will delay the steaks
                                RIGHT!!?!?! good to know i'm not the only one...

That being said...SHE IS OUR STEAKS!!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X