No announcement yet.

Weddings? Who pays????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brides family is supposed to pay but. We payed for me daughters wedding and it was around $15,000. The groom family paid for rehearsal dinner $1000. Now on my sons wedding we ended up having it at our place to save money because her family could not afford much. Now I will say my daughters wedding was beautiful but my sons was just as beatifyl at our house after I spent $20,000 to put in a driveway, grass, and built a pavilion and fire pit in back yard. I wish I would have done that for my daughter because I wouldn't be as poor.

Comment

$35-50K for a wedding is INSANE!!!!!!

If a women “needs” all that to get married you found the wrong one. RUN

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
        Sorry but this kind of parenting is exactly why it takes so long for kids to grow up these days.
        Dude what the **** are you talking about? Helping your child out by not having to take on a very significant (especially at the typical marrying age) amount of expense to celebrate one of the most important days of their life is bad parenting?

“I’m sorry sweetheart. You wanna get married? Want to have a special event to celebrate the special day? Tough ****, you’re in the real world now, pay for that on your own. Oh, and don’t invite me either.”

LMFAO glad I’m not your kid.

Comment

We fully planned on paying for our own wedding (just the way my wife and I are). We planned a cheap wedding in San Antonio for a grand total of 2k when my mother in law found out she offered to pay for it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I married my wife 20 years ago. Both her parents are legal immigrants from Mexico. They didn’t pay a dime. It was my 2nd marriage, so we didn’t expect my parents to pay for the rehearsal dinner. They did pay for it at my 1st wedding. I was informed that in Mexico the bride’s parents do not typically pay for the wedding. We paid every dime of our entire wedding and reception.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
              I married my wife 20 years ago. Both her parents are legal immigrants from Mexico. They didn’t pay a dime. It was my 2nd marriage, so we didn’t expect my parents to pay for the rehearsal dinner. They did pay for it at my 1st wedding. I was informed that in Mexico the bride’s parents do not typically pay for the wedding. We paid every dime of our entire wedding and reception.
              Ya know...I think you are correct & will have to ask, but too think the groom's side pays the bulk traditionally in mexico??

Comment

Wife's parents paid for all of ours, my parents paid for the rehearsal and the honeymoon

Comment

Going thru this right now. My son was going to have a small wedding because his fiance's family doesnt help her much. So we spoke to son and future daughter in law and we are now covering almost everything. They aren't covering much at all. We figured it must be different cause we are hispanic and they are not. I guess I was wrong....

Comment

Uh wrong...in Mexico brides parents pay for everything. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                      Uh wrong...in Mexico brides parents pay for everything. ..
                      Someone should have told my in-laws that!! Nothing has changed in 20 years, they still don’t pay for anything!!

Comment

Someone should have told my in-laws that!!
                        Lol. I feel the same way right now......my future daughter in law is white. Haha. We are blue collared working folks and they are white collar folks. I guess this is why we broke and they ain't. Nonetheless I'll make sure their wedding is nice. Do the same for my daughter when she gets married. Since we are covering costs it's no longer going to be a small wedding. Somewhere around 800 people now on invitation. The alcohol tab is gonna hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          The best defense against that weapon is being able to easily attain more of that weapon. It’s amazing how much better off you are when you don’t put it on a pedestal.
                          Drops mic....
                          Ain't none of it can't be replaced with something just as good or better.
                          Some guys like having their cajones chained and locked though

Comment

Been married 2 years. Parents paid for everything, except photographer. I paid a little over 5k for that, my parents paid for rehearsal dinner and flowers.

Comment

Shaheeeeeeeeeeet. Got married at 24ish(??) and my bride and I paid for everything. Not our parents. Wasn’t an option.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X