No announcement yet.

Colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are no big deal as others have said. I am on the five year plan now and have had four. They changed the prep to a two session deal for me last time, last month. I would either wake up extra extra early to follow the directions or just do both the day before several hours apart. I followed the directions and still had to go after my IV was set. Will never follow the directions again. As long as you are clear, you can stop and just do not eat drink anything but water after that point.

The drugs are great, sleep is good. You will not remember the violation. Hopefully you get good news, praying for ya!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one a couple years ago. Everything went smooth (no pun intended). I dont think there's an indignity in having one. I'd rather get a colonoscopy than procrastinate and have to get colectomy and poop in a bag the rest of your life. To me that's where there would be a horrendous indignity.

Comment

Originally posted by orlybow View Post
        Isn't Moviprep also what pron stars use to prep for their aanal scenes?
        No, it is two doses of 100g PEG-3350(Miralax) a couple of hours apart. I had 1 benign polyp on Monday, so I'm thankful they kept me on the 5 year plan.

For you guys over 50, get your buttscope. Early detection is key with colon cancer.

Hogboy

Comment

Had mine last year, the prep sucked that's for sure, but the meds you get to put you to sleep and the first 5-10 min after you wake up, still feeling that medicine, is GOOD! Kind of makes up for the prep part.

Comment

Had mine done this morning. No major problems, but it wasn't any more fun, than last time. At least I'm good for another 5 years.

Comment

I am on the five year plan, although they moved my last one up to four years because of two episodes of Diverticulites. My last colonoscopy was incomplete because of blockage from the inflammation caused by the Diverticulites. They had to do a barium enema in order to get xrays of my colon. The anesthesiologist, who was an acquaintance of ours told my wife I was not going to like that procedure, he was wrong, I did not like it at all. I will take a colonoscopy over that procedure any day of the week.

Comment

Pennywise says come on in you'll like it down here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Had mine at 9am, today.
                  Dr said to come back in 10 years.
                  Deal!

Glad this is over for a while.

Comment

Ahh been there done that. Got to use Cologuard this year seemed kinda strange mailing a box full of #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
                      Been there and done that. Wife said I was a complete moron afterwards and got up before I was suppose to and walked around farting with my butt hanging out my gown for about 5 minutes. Bad part is that I went to the lobby during the 5 minutes and made a fool of myself. She said it was funny and she and a nurse were following me trying to get me back to the room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                      Good thing you didn't have the gown on backwards!

Comment

Just had mine this morning. First one for me (age 53). All clear. Come back in 10 years.

I was dreading the prep after hearing a bunch of horror stories. But it was actually a piece of cake. Not bad at all, except for not eating anything yesterday and just being hungry. I used Plenvu for the prep medication. It's fairly new, apparently. I only had to drink 16oz. of it at a time - one dose last night and another this morning before the scope. It was REALLY salty, but not horrible tasting. Certainly accomplished the goal, but didn't cause any pain in any way.

Pharmacy didn't have it in stock when I went to pick it up late Friday afternoon. They could have ordered it for me, but I didn't have time for that since I waited until last minute to go pick it up. They called every pharmacy in town. Nobody had it. Last one they called was HEB, and they had it. Pharmacist there had never heard of it either.

Insurance didn't cover it, so I had to pay for it myself. Found a coupon on the Plenvu website to get it for $50 instead of $130. Money well spent, as best I can tell.

Comment

It's not that big of a deal. But, let me say No man that will give you a colonoscopy is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                            Ahh been there done that. Got to use Cologuard this year seemed kinda strange mailing a box full of #2.
                            WGI does it on a daily basis.

I just turned 50. Time to make the dookie snake appt.

Comment

I went through this for the first time this morning. My wife had one a few years ago so I somewhat knew what to expect.

Other than a terrible headache that started late yesterday afternoon (still have) and getting up a 3am for the final dose it was not as bad as I was expecting.

Comment

Such drama for a simple procedure. You're asleep while it happens.

It's called medicine; ain't much of it that tastes good.

I'd rather have that done than a digital rectal exam.

Comment

Working...
                                X