Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
    There are some giants over there as well. They are hard to hunt though. I got drawn owner there about 15 years ago and shot two does. They showed
    us pics and video of deer that weee on the WMA. Big boys!
    There used to be some giant deer mounts in the room they do the orientation at the check station, but they are gone now last time I was there. Most of them I believe where WMA poachers that got caught, or road kill, some might have been just been shed pairs they found.

Comment

I saw a couple of very nice bucks this morning as I looked for hogs. Heavy, wide and tall.

Comment

Woohoo! I drew this hunt- I really look forward to coming back to Granger! I spent many many hours in granger years ago when I had a lot of time on my hands. Killed a few deer on several drawn hunts too but it's been quite a few years. I look forward to meeting some of you tbher's that were fortunate enough to draw this year! Good luck to all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to see some other TBHrs will be out there. Ready to get hunting

Comment

Are they still allowing feeders and stands out there or is it hand scattering only and pack in pack out now?

Comment

Pack in, pack out and last I knew you could set up permanent feeder but the meth heads and private landers bordering WMA scour the land for free stuff to them...Be cautious and expect your set up to be stolen, hunted or messed with...All the attention Granger gets on social media has really reduced the quality..Been out bowhunting hogs and come across gun toting poachers couple times.

Comment

I never understood their rule of letting you lay claim to a spot with a feeder and stand, seems like its caused lots of drama on social media over the years, I thought they might have changed the rules since (that you have to leave out of there what you came with). Some public places n the state used to have a 48 or 72 hours stand rule but now most are going to you can't leave it.

Comment

So this draw allows hunting any time between 10/20 and 1/06 right? I feel like I'm missing something the way all the others are setup.
                  I read somewhere that you can't leave anything out past 72 hours, and equipment has to be ID'd. I'll be setting up and taking down daily to prevent theft. Inexpensive pop-up blind but I'd like to get through the season with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                    So this draw allows hunting any time between 10/20 and 1/06 right? I feel like I'm missing something the way all the others are setup.
                    No you've got it right, its rules are just different that the other e-postcard hunts. More WMA's may go to this system in the future, at least for the archery hunts. You also have to shoot 2 does before they give you a buck tag.

Comment

Put in for it but didn't get selected but did for the Daughtry.

Comment

Put in for granger as well. Didnt get drawn 5th year. Oh well thats luck of the draw. Good luck to everyone that was drawn.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

My son, 10yr, and I both drew Granger. 1st timers here as well.
                          I scouted this past Sat and counted 20 does and 1 very wide 8ptr all within the same area.
                          Found a ladder stand that had been there long enough rust stains were coming out of the joints and a pvc corn feeder padlocked onto a tree with chain.

I'm going out this evening after work to look at another area and will be out there this coming weekend as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                            My son, 10yr, and I both drew Granger. 1st timers here as well.
                            I scouted this past Sat and counted 20 does and 1 very wide 8ptr all within the same area.
                            Found a ladder stand that had been there long enough rust stains were coming out of the joints and a pvc corn feeder padlocked onto a tree with chain.

I'm going out this evening after work to look at another area and will be out there this coming weekend as well.
                            Did you walk or ride in?

Comment

Parked and walked-in

Comment

I read a lot of people talking of no deer being at granger which is a huge load of crap! Now lots of hogs...yes! Does that mean you just walk in and spot them everywhere? No! I went out the past 2 weekends to different units doing some scouting for the winter months of hog hunting and ran into i would say "herds," of deer. I find pretty decent sheds every year and always spook up a nice buck through the winter months and into spring when i spend most my time out there. For the first timers out there i would highly suggest a tree stand, Granger has some massive trees out there that make for a perfect tree stand set up and ground blinds ive seen many out there which could be just as successful, but i would prefer a stand. As far as setting up feeders, cameras, blinds, and stands......ive got my onyx maps loaded with pinpoints of stands and blinds all over that place that people either abandon or just leave up for what i call community use.....just if ya get caught sitting in it, it would only be right to get down and find some where else to go. A lot of people utilize granger for hunting/fishing/photography. Ive been in a stand where 3 people came in to take a hike and get pictures of birds....i mean its public land, they have a right to it just as much as i do. Frustrating yes, but you move on into a better place. I would suggest getting deep into an area where nobody is going to just come stomping in on ya and ruin your spot or hunt. A lot of good places to hunt deer in granger, i put in every year hoping to get drawn cause there will be some tags dropping! ive spent the last 15 years hunting out there and when i hear people say no deer....that just tells me you haven't spent enough time out there. If you are looking for your massive wall hanger...i can't say ive seen one out there, but i have seen alot of nice 8-10pts over the years and the sheds to go with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X