$10,000 for 100 yard shot june 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lowe View Post
    Totally agree, someone is about to make some cash.
    If i thought it was legit i would make the trip.. The problem is when the 5th guy up hits it everyone else is screwed.. lol

Comment

Why is not legit. I don’t think it’s that easy to put an arrow inside a 3/4 inch at 100 yards

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Not much for the Humane Society but I like this event. Regrettably, we will be fishing Toledo Bend on Saturday...……..cant wait to get the update for this event!!! Well played gentlemen!!!
        I’m surprised any group of hunters would support the Humane Society, they sure don’t support you

Comment

Most folks can't hit a 3/4" circle with a rifle at 100 yds. I'd like to watch all the guys that can do it with a bow. Sounds tough.

Comment

Originally posted by stick View Post
            Why is not legit. I don’t think it’s that easy to put an arrow inside a 3/4 inch at 100 yards
            I agree. It will only happen with pure luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
              I agree. It will only happen with pure luck.
              You obviously know very little about archery then

look at how many people shoot 22s on bigfoot at redding.. It only takes one arrow in this situation

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                You obviously know very little about archery then

look at how many people shoot 22s on bigfoot at redding.. It only takes one arrow in this situation
                OK, you're right every amateur with a bow has a shot. Guess we will just have to wait and see just how many hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                  Most folks can't hit a 3/4" circle with a rifle at 100 yds. I'd like to watch all the guys that can do it with a bow. Sounds tough.

I might be able to do it 5 out of 6 times with my Rock River...

Comment

Somehow I knew after reading the original post that this would turn into a tallywhacker measuring contest.

Comment

When you do the 100 yard shot, use a metal ring with a 3/4 inch inside diameter. This way there will be no question if the arrow is inside or not.

Comment

Originally posted by stick View Post
                        Freedom Shooting Sports in Corsicana Texas is having a fun day 3d shoot.
                        3d range is free to shoot, free food and drinks, kid shoots, giveaways-
                        arrows, broadheads,rest,hats,strings and range time. you will also have a chance to shoot for a new hoyt bow.
                        We will have a 100 yard shot. Put an arrow inside a 3/4 inch circle and win $10,000. no pros or semi pros allowed.
                        Great thing you’re doing....hope it turns out well.

It is a shame that all the critics have to pizzzz on your contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          I hope your organization realizes there are alot of people who can shoot a bow 100 yards easily right?? someone will hit that...
                          Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                          That's what I was thinking....all the guys I know here shoot at 100 every range session. Add a little luck and somebody will walk away some green.
                          Originally posted by Lowe View Post
                          Totally agree, someone is about to make some cash.
                          With modern equipment lots of guys shoot this distance, with 5 chances per person someone is going to walk away with the dinero and I think a shoot off between multiple guys hitting it is more likely than not.

Now I know this guy is considered a pro but this was 5 years ago and equipment has gotten better

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Man I think I might have to drive up tomorrow and give this a shot. I can hit a bullseye at 70 yards (as far as my single pin slides) so I think I might be able to get lucky tomorrow and aim high[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It has not been mentioned, but I am sure they will require the arrow to be inside out (totally within the dot). I would think just clipping the dot won't count. A person would be better off shooting some real small diameter arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                                everything dialed in for 100 yards, I bet that would be a 1 in 100 or so shot. Pretty good odds for that kind of money.
                                You'd be surprised at how low those odds really are. Rig up a bow with the proper peep height is first step. Takes the awkward anchor out of the equation.

Comment

Working...
                                X