Tractors 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractors 101

Just added 200 more acres to the ranch and need a tractor. What do y'all recommend. Im looking at Mahindra and Kubota compact models. Want the ability to knock over/pull up cedars, shredding, basic ranch work. Not mowing fields, only roads and hunting set ups. Appreciate any help in advance.

We got a 50 horse Kioti. We got the cab with A/C, heat and such. We mow as well as use the bucket for dirt work. Fixin ta put a disc behind it for food plots. Around 250 hours with no issues.

Gary

Comment

Get one 4wd, with a FEL, that will run a 6' shredder.

Comment

We own 2 mahindra's and we do hay with them. I'm pretty disappointed with them but they might work for y'all.

Comment

I would not get a compact tractor for over 200 acres. A utility tractor would be more in line. Something 60hp-80hp.

Comment

I've had a 60 HP. Kubota 4x4 with a loader for almost 15 years now. Still works as good as new.

Comment

Kubota will be really hard to beat.

Comment

That's one hell of a Mahindra endorsement from Team Porkchop

Comment

You can go ahead and scratch the compact tractors off your list. They will cause nothing but frustration on anything over 10 acres.

I wouldn't go with anything less than 50HP. A 50 or 60HP 4x4 front end loader will do just about everything you need. My two go to tractors are a 100HP and 65HP. Both have their own pros and cons. If I never needed alot of PTO power I would probably stick with the 65HP as its just easier to work with for most tasks.

Comment

We have a 95hp kubota 4x4 with FEL. We have 200 acres and I wouldn’t want anything smaller.

Comment

Previously owned a Bobcat, whichis basically a Kioti with a different paint job. It was excellent, but it was only 30HP. Inow have a Branson 47 HP and have been extremely happy with it. More power than I will ever use, and a whole lot more lift capability.
                      Of the two brands you mentioned, I would go with the orange one though.

Comment

Kioti is a good tractor but it's hard to find repair centers in the event they might be needed. Kubota speaks for it's self. No way on the Mahindra. I would look hard at a 50-60 used Kubota, old enough that regen isn't on it.

Comment

I've had my Kubota 68 hp for 15 years for a similar setup. Except I do end up shredding about 30 acres every year. The tractor has been great with zero issues. My biggest regret was not getting a cab. Even though I feared all the trees in East Texas would tear it up, it would have been worth in not to suffer through the heat, dust and pollen.

Comment

Lets justs say 50HP Minimum

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              Lets justs say 50HP Minimum
                              This

With FEL, 4X4, front remote for grapple for pulling up cedar and removable bucket

Comment

Working...
                              X