Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In search of landman job in Midland/Odessa area

All,

I moved to Midland, TX from my hometown of Beaumont where I accumulated 7 years of Landman experience. Sometimes the only way to take a big step is to paint yourself into a corner and then find your way out. If any of my fellow TBH brethren know of any field or in-house landman jobs in the area please let me know. I know there are plenty out here and I've applied to dozens online. I have a few interviews lined up but want to explore all options and meet as many people as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

JP

Send me a PM with your contact info!

Comment

Someone tell me about the job duties of a “land man”. Curiosity is all, and yes I can google. But I hate google, and love the GS.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
        All,

I moved to Midland, TX from my hometown of Beaumont where I accumulated 7 years of Landman experience. Sometimes the only way to take a big step is to paint yourself into a corner and then find your way out. If any of my fellow TBH brethren know of any field or in-house landman jobs in the area please let me know. I know there are plenty out here and I've applied to dozens online. I have a few interviews lined up but want to explore all options and meet as many people as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

JP
        Well, you certainly moved to the right place. I would recommend going door to door rather than applying online. Start in downtown Midland, there is no shortage of opportunity there.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Someone tell me about the job duties of a “land man”. Curiosity is all, and yes I can google. But I hate google, and love the GS.
          1. Title Research: minerals, surface, and oil & gas leasehold. Conducted at courthouses, state land offices, and BLM.

2. Acquisitions: mineral & royalty buying, leasing, working interest/operating rights (acreage).

3. Agreements: surface use, operating agreements, purchase and sale etc.

4. Curative: quiet title, filing corrective documents, etc. Generally done before drilling has started.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
            Send me a PM with your contact info!
            Pm sent!

Comment

Originally posted by jclaybennett View Post
              Well, you certainly moved to the right place. I would recommend going door to door rather than applying online. Start in downtown Midland, there is no shortage of opportunity there.
              I dropped off a few resumes this morning to some companies close to home. Will get down to downtown midland sometime tomorrow for sure!

Thanks!

Comment

bump

Comment

Good luck in your search. I am a landman in the Haynesville.

Comment

Send me a pm with your email address, and I will forward you anything that could help you out. Good luck, and like the others, you are in the right spot as far as job markets.

Comment

No job leads JP, but get ahold of Clinton and I’m sure he can point you in the right direction. Also when the weather warms up a bit you can jump in the truck with him and come down to the coast fishing. Hope the move works out for you like you want it to.

Comment

double drop resources just had a posting up on facebook they are located in midland

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          No job leads JP, but get ahold of Clinton and I’m sure he can point you in the right direction. Also when the weather warms up a bit you can jump in the truck with him and come down to the coast fishing. Hope the move works out for you like you want it to.
                          I had dinner with him last night and I'll take you up on that fishing trip!

Comment

Originally posted by fordsuper08 View Post
                            double drop resources just had a posting up on facebook they are located in midland
                            Sent them an application today for that job! Thanks!!

Comment

Concho, thank me later

Comment

Working...
                              X