Brush blinds in east texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brush blinds in east texas

Anybody use them for bow hunting? We used a couple for last year to gun hunt with the kiddos. Got a couple spots I am hand corning and want to bow hunt them, but no trees really big enough for ladder stands or too far away.

Was thinking about cutting some cedar limbs and building brush blind.

Any info/help is appreciated.

Thx

That is all I use anymore.. can make them big enough to be comfortable.

Comment

i use pop up blinds and brush them in real good works for me in east texas and westtexas

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
        That is all I use anymore.. can make them big enough to be comfortable.
        do you use the existing brush or something like a cattle panel?

Comment

move the corn pile

Comment

Leave as natural as possible. Build 2 to compensate for wind. One of best blinds you can use. Just fold limbs over and tie down.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              move the corn pile
              X2

Comment

I am a big fan of cattle panel brush blinds. just do a search on here for them and you'll find a lot of them. Very cheap to build and very effective.

Comment

I have one that is simply a shooting hole through thick brush. I cleaned out a spot big enough to hunt in and one hole to shoot through. I also have hunted out of pop up blinds that I just brushed in

Comment

Never had much luck at all with them in East Texas. South Texas different story

Comment

I do it all the time. I try not to change the area too much. My hand corn spot has a tall oak but surrounded by cedars. I would have to clear the cedars to have a shot from the oak. One cedar is really thick at the base and I will cut one small shooting window out. Add a little extra camo barrier to help block any movement and that's it. I'll see if I can find pics of some I did last season. Simple and always had deer in front of me.

Comment

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All the time, I try to find a downed tree and use it as a starting point.

Comment

Not the best ones from last season. When I do have deer in front they are always within range. Unaware I am there and could easily take a shot.

Kids are happy! This is one of the only ways I can bowhunt with my kiddos without setting up a popup. I have better luck using what is already in the spot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Have used them a bunch and they are very effective!

Comment

Working...
                              X