No announcement yet.

Impeachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this impeachment B.S will stop when the dems no longer have control over the House.... vote them out!

Comment

Did anyone notice the stock market plummet when Pelosi announced that the House will write up articles of impeachment?
      Yeah, me neither. That in itself speaks volumes of what this country and the world thinks of this farce.

Comment

Numbers from Trump Rally yesterday

23,207 voters identified
        20% have only voted 1 of the last 4 elections
        20.3% Are Democrats
        18% Non-White

Comment

every elected official in the nation should be limited to two terms...that's the entire problems we are having fought now. If we had term limits for all, this would not be happening in the house. To me, the lack of term limits is what created the swamp like conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Numbers from Trump Rally yesterday

23,207 voters identified
            20% have only voted 1 of the last 4 elections
            20.3% Are Democrats
            18% Non-White
            I heard this while reading

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs"]Jaws - Theme song - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              every elected official in the nation should be limited to two terms...that's the entire problems we are having fought now. If we had term limits for all, this would not be happening in the house. To me, the lack of term limits is what created the swamp like conditions.
              Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                The swamp is the endless, over-bloated and basically all powerful bureaucracy. The morons we vote on are just there to run interference and lobby for budget increases for them. The government has gotten too big powerful and out of control. I personally don't think there is a fix, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  The swamp is the endless, over-bloated and basically all powerful bureaucracy. The morons we vote on are just there to run interference and lobby for budget increases for them. The government has gotten too big powerful and out of control. I personally don't think there is a fix, unfortunately.
                  Term limits just spin the revolving door faster.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    Yessir! Gets them out of congress before they have a chance to screw too much up.

Comment

hence the reason for them

Comment

You know how everyone always shouts "why won't the Republicans in Congress do something!" ? Hint. It's because Congress has no real power or authority. They are scared of the people who do. Congress is a symptom of the problem. They aren't THE problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                          Yessir! Gets them out of congress before they have a chance to screw too much up.
                          Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          hence the reason for them
                          With a term limit, the officeholder has no check and balance against bad behavior beginning one day after their last election.

The system is either corrupting otherwise honest people going in or attracting corrupt people to run for office (likely both).

Having shorter terms doesn't change the garbage-in-garbage-out problem. We need a better class of politicians going in to office, not simply more of them within a given time frame that a term-limited system would create.

Term limits just give incentives to speed up bad behavior.

Comment

What we need is a repeal of the 17 amendment. US Senators should be selected/appointed by the States legislatures, as originally intended.

And, a state electoral college while we're at it.

Comment

With a term limit, the officeholder has no check and balance against bad behavior beginning one day after their last election.

The system is either corrupting otherwise honest people going in or attracting corrupt people to run for office (likely both).

Having shorter terms doesn't change the garbage-in-garbage-out problem. We need a better class of politicians going in to office, not simply more of them within a given time frame that a term-limited system would create.

Term limits just give incentives to speed up bad behavior.
                              I totally disagree. I think most people go into politics because they want to make a positive change for their community, state, country, etc... They get into the system and get corrupted over years of being around other crooks and their only incentive becomes not rocking the boat and keeping this plush job. This job they have created with great pay and the best benefits. And it is almost impossible to lose your job. No matter how bad you do. The incumbent re-election rate ranges from 90-98%. You can say the voters need to do a better job, etc.... Well, that ain't gonna happen. Voters get less informed and care less every year. If we are waiting for that to save us, we are doomed. We need to get some new blood into Washington every few years. Unless you think having Pelosi, McConnel and the like running the s-show is a good thing.

Comment

[ATTACH]983662[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X