Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should big bucks killed after the 13” rule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the 13” rule cause more spikes to be killed?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
      The point was never an asterisk, but that was a simple way of explaining the first post.

Rocky had the best explanation of my question. (Would have been much better if I would have had a question people would have understood better?)

Should those deer that came when there was leas opportunity be more highly regarded than those that came after? It was harder to get one when there were less of them to get, and the ones that were “got” had to survive the active pursuit of hunters their entire lives instead of just the time they were over 13”.

Then we also need an asterisk for folks who killed big bucks in East Texas before deer hunting with dogs was banned. It was easier to get a deer when all you had to do was wait for the pack of dogs to push the deer out of the thicket. Not much skill required except be able to quickly shoot a 12 gauge with buckshot.

Asterisks for everyone this Christmas

Comment

Don’t forget an * for anyone shooting post cap and ball era

Like Oprah... * for everyone!!!

Comment

About half my deer are killed over corn. It was much harder before we started corning. I had the taxidermist put a red star on the forehead of all my bucks shot without corn.

Comment

Should those deer that came when there was leas opportunity be more highly regarded than those that came after?
            There is the problem.

You're seeking external validation for a highly personal and individual activity involving numerous factors unknown and likely not understood by those from whom you seek validation.

In other words, who gives a **** about what someone else thinks about your deer? And why should you? A large number of hunters don't care about scores. And that's just fine too.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Good grief man! You must think there are 13"+ deer behind every pine tree now. You really think a hunter needs an asterisk next to the deer killed because he's the beneficiary of the AR rule? That's ridiculous! I've hunted long before the rule was ever around. It's still tough to get a trophy deer in AR Counties. It's still something to be proud of and celebrated when you kill one. When my daughter shot her first buck in Hardin County I didn't think to myself "wow I really should put an asterisk next to her accomplishment." Why can't we just hunt legal deer, and be happy with it anymore?
              Because some peoples idea of legal has been changed by the "big horns" society.

Comment

Be compared to big bucks that we’re killed in the same areas before the 13” rule considering the unfair advantage of circumstance young bucks have now vs back then?

Isn’t a pre 13” rule buck much more special?

Didn’t that hunter have to have more skill or luck because that buck was more wary and more rare?

YES.

Comment

The hard core guys should be happy the cartels are keeping prices down, but of course I tend to see things from a different angle.
                  Yeah and High Fenced Deer Hunts should Be Getting Cheaper with all the "Pocket Pets" Hunts Available These Days. When You Updating Your Price list Buddy

Comment

Is this a 2019 version of "Pea Gravel in your Feeder!" lmao!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Not even close

Comment

Working...
                      X