Taxes - Out of Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alphabets View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who woke up this morning with taxes and the dysfunctional welfare/foreign aid system stewing on my mind. Its time we stop feeding the stray dogs and let them fend for themselves.
    If you are like me, this is the time of the year you start writing the bloated property tax check. It will never happen, but if you had to also pay you income tax bill instead of it being deducted from you pay stub, the average person would change their tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      The gov't should only look after roads, bridges and defense. People should have to take care of themselves.

Taxes are out of control.

The time is coming when a Dem gets into office and you'll really see the wheels come off.
      infrastructure, defense, some judiciary at federal level.
      states should have a lot of freedom and be free to deal with the consequences.

as a people, we absolutely should look after those who are less fortunate, but that should be the role of private organizations (i.e. churches) rather than govt. I would be just fine if we got rid of "welfare" programs and at the same time got rid of taxes that support them and tax deductions for charitable/religous organizations.

maybe as we (on the whole, not individuals) drift away from God, we are just looking to "government" as a higher power to fill the role which He really should.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        My favorite is the repurposed tactical LAV that all the law enforcement agencies now have. The militarization of the police force is pretty concerning. Heck, look what the Game Wardens are equiped with now days.
        It always made me wonder. How is this criminal out on the street. They have a huge record of crime but keep getting out and bam instantly committing another crime. Usually worse then their previous.

Why are they out?
        Only logic i can think of is the Gov wants the people scared of these people they keep letting free. That is how they justify the militarization of the police. Keep em scared and justifying their cool new tacticool gear.

I have very close friend the is a detective and his response to my theory " i dont think you are far off, but i cant comment on it really"

Cant ask for a bigger budget if you did not spend all of last years.

Comment

how about getting taxed right out of family property that has been paid for for 50 years?
          So how does that happen?

I've discussed this for years. Eliminate property tax (only people who "own" property pay it), go to a flat tax on salary (6-7%), and raise the sales tax because every person who buys something pays for it.
          My Grandpa, my Dad said that for years and I keep repeating it but nothing happens.

At least in Texas we do not have a state income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
            So how does that happen?

Property tax is higher than you can afford.
            Many people in the Austin area can not afford to retire. Their homes are paid off. But they have to pay the king. So they move and sell their home they work for and lived in forever so they dont have to pay the property tax.

Not just Austin either. It is out of hand.

Comment

I agree. House and ranch still cost about 12k in property tax. Oh but wait there is more. If your parents do well and leave you an inheritance, it gets taxed too. Even though it’s already been taxed

Comment

The idea that there is a representation for the taxation of the people is just untrue. The corporate world controls the laws being created. Lobbyist push for whatever benefits their clients interest. In regards to state laws, the people are usually misinformed and lead astray. Most of these laws that are voted on are written in such a way that it confuses or misleads the voters. Politics is a nasty twisted game.

Comment

The only fair tax is a flat sales tax. Everyone participates equally and can make the decision to participate or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                    I know taxes in general are high but Missouri is out of control. Let’s break it down.

First 35-40% right off the top. Here you go government and go ahead and send a few billion to France. No wait, for what?

Missouri has to have theirs with another 6% off the top in state income tax.

Now my $1.00 is $0.54.

Now I get to pay another $10,000 in property tax. Not really $10,000 is it? Since my $1.00 is only worth $0.54 it’s really more like $18,500 gross.

Ohhh wait! That’s not all. If you call now we will add an extra tax. How about we just call it Personal Property Tax. I know we already raped your $1.00 down to $0.54 and you paid sales tax of 9% on the vehicles you purchased bu we need a little more. How about a bill for another $4,000? By the way - after doing the math a new vehicle valued at $50,000, if kept for 10 years (in MO) would cost you $36,000 in tax.

Should we even mention sales tax?

Simply put- why am I killing myself? If you’re disabled or a veteran - fine, I got you. But really, in all seriousness how ridiculous can it get? Just flat tax us already. Greatest Country on earth? Maybe at a premium. Even after signing my body over as government property for 6 years, I still get raped, all while some lazy crack head absorbs all the perks.

Rant over....

You may find this interesting.
                    In this excerpt from his new book, Hans-Hermann Hoppe argues that any form of taxation implies a reduction of income a person can expect to receive from

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                      Property tax is higher than you can afford.

Many people in the Austin area can not afford to retire. Their homes are paid off. But they have to pay the king. So they move and sell their home they work for and lived in forever so they dont have to pay the property tax.

Not just Austin either. It is out of hand.

....and then pay a capital gains tax on the house they just sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If taxes make you mad, go down to the local social security office and look at the line of healthy, able-bodied people applying for and receiving full disability payments. Including people who don't speak English.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                          If taxes make you mad, go down to the local social security office and look at the line of healthy, able-bodied people applying for and receiving full disability payments. Including people who don't speak English.
                          Lord i dont want to stroke out
                          My dad renters long a go. A really heavy woman rented one house and her daughter ( in her 20's ) rented another one. Both were on disability because they were huge fat asses......WTH do people get disability for being a fat ***.
                          One of these people walked into the house while i was taking a break from installing a new floor. Lady actually told me to get back to work because she wanted to be in the house in the next couple days I almost beat a welfare recipient and would have had my dad not been there. She did receive every insult and cuss word i could spit out

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            If you are like me, this is the time of the year you start writing the bloated property tax check. It will never happen, but if you had to also pay you income tax bill instead of it being deducted from you pay stub, the average person would change their tune.
                            This!! If all had to pay at the end of the year and physically write a check for an absurd amount, they sure would be singing a different tune.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                              Agreed and part of my “crack head” comment.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Lord i dont want to stroke out
                                My dad renters long a go. A really heavy woman rented one house and her daughter ( in her 20's ) rented another one. Both were on disability because they were huge fat asses......WTH do people get disability for being a fat ***.
                                One of these people walked into the house while i was taking a break from installing a new floor. Lady actually told me to get back to work because she wanted to be in the house in the next couple days I almost beat a welfare recipient and would have had my dad not been there. She did receive every insult and cuss word i could spit out
                                Lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X