Boyd’s stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyd’s stocks

Anyone here have experience with Boyd’s stocks? I’m thinking about putting one on a youth Rem 700 I just bought. Was bedding needed? Fitting issues?

I’d say they are a bump above a synthetic factory stock. I’d personally look into a bell and Carlson with aluminum block.

Comment

Boyd’s makes some really good stocks it is possible you will need to do a little fitting. I have installed pillars and bedded all of the ones I have installed at least a dozen of them. The good thing about Boyd’s is they can be cut to your length of pull.

Comment

Just finished this one. I have 3 with boyd stocks at the moment.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ca1219; 11-23-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Minor fitting and yes bed it. They are heavy but i like the feel of them.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, my plan is to get the LOP 12 3/4 and chop the barrel down to 18in. It’s a 243, OAL around 37-38in it’s going to be a little truck gun. Probably around the same size as the Rem 600 Mohawks.

Comment

We put a Boyd's AT-One on a Ruger M-77 in .243 for my grandson. It dropped right in. We chose the AT-One because it is adjustable for comb height and LOP. That way we can adjust it as he grows.

Comment

Put one on a 6.5 Grendel, no bedding and it shoots penny size groups at a 100yds.

God Bless
                Bish

Comment

I put one on a Winchester Model 70 to replace the synthetic stock. I bedded mine, but didn’t shoot it without it. I had no fitting issues or anything.

Comment

Great stocks but they are heavy

Comment

Had a thumb hole. Too heavy for my style of hog hunting. Took some fitting.
                      Nephew has one on his Ruger and it is been perfect for his
                      6.5 sniping of longer distance hogs.

Comment

I have a 10-22 with heavy barrel in a thumbhole laminate. Dropped right in with no fitting necessary. It is also a one holer @ 50 yds.

Comment

I’ve got two, Ruger American and Weatherby Vanguard. I bedded both and they shoot lights out.

Comment

I've got an At One adjustable that my boys and I shoot. Did take some work to get it to fit but wasn't too bad. Definitely would recommend.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Put one on a model 70 .270. It shoots fine and was a drop in fit no fitting required. I would like to get mine bedded at some point but for now it is shooting fine with no bedding. Nothing crazy but will stay 1 moa or a touch better. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24600171

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X