fort worth ex officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
    I’m curious- how many of your welfare checks were at 2:30 in the morning? Did that play a role here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Personally, rarely. Usually first thing in the morning (not being able to reach someone all evening & night) or the afternoon (not being able to reach someone all morning).
    0230 does make it a bit of a different scenario but if you watch the LEO's video footage, the house was lit up very well (not what burglars do) & the front door was wide open & lit up (also not what burglars do).
    My input is coming from the fire/EMS side of things but we do go on them quite often (like said above, I'm guessing I've been on more than 100).

Comment

Lots of information that we don't know about this situation, but, two things come to mind here. A person's constitutional right to have a gun (and point the gun in self defense) in their own home, and a person's right to life, liberty and happiness. When anyone, including police, impede those rights, better make darn sure you have probable cause and it can be articulated so a reasonable person would understand.

At this point, this woman deserves the full protection of the law, and an affirmation of her constitutional rights.

Comment

Fudds saying this is anything other than murder are delusional. It wasn’t one bad split second decision. Officer didn’t identify himself and murdered a woman looking out a window to see what’s going on. Sound like a bunch of commies trying to justify his actions because she picked up a gun when she heard noises in the yard. Maybe she had her door open because it felt great outside. It’s 2019 so that means we should live in fear and keep everything locked up?

Comment

I agree that it was handled terribly - about as wrongly as you could imagine. But I'd have a hard time convicting the guy on a murder charge unless there's some kind of evidence that he had intent to kill the lady. It doesn't sound like he intended to kill her. It sounds (so far) like he was unbelievably negligent in how he approached the whole situation and reacted. Based on what is known so far, it sounds to me like a charge of negligent homicide or voluntary manslaughter would be more appropriate. I definitely think some type of serious criminal charge and punishment is more than appropriate.

I'm a huge supporter of law enforcement, and I am always willing to give them every benefit of the doubt. But this guy really screwed up in several ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            I agree that it was handled terribly - about as wrongly as you could imagine. But I'd have a hard time convicting the guy on a murder charge unless there's some kind of evidence that he had intent to kill the lady. It doesn't sound like he intended to kill her. It sounds (so far) like he was unbelievably negligent in how he approached the whole situation and reacted. Based on what is known so far, it sounds to me like a charge of negligent homicide or voluntary manslaughter would be more appropriate. I definitely think some type of serious criminal charge and punishment is more than appropriate.

I'm a huge supporter of law enforcement, and I am always willing to give them every benefit of the doubt. But this guy really screwed up in several ways.
            Completely agree. Sounds like the city and DA jumped the gun and are flailing around desperately to appease with a murder charge. Politics, climate and such. Grand jury was skipped for some unjustified reason. Now it's looking like another cluster. These big city's are managed more like third world countries than representative democracy. Pitiful

Present to grand jury, charge appropriately, present, punish appropriately if found guilty. Pick up the peices and move on in good faith.

Comment

Clearly his response to a welfare check was sketchy. And if anybody was sneaking around my back yard at night when im just playing xbox i would point a gun at the window as well. Especially when they don't IDENTIFY

I am only going off what i saw int he video.

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                Fudds saying this is anything other than murder are delusional. It wasn’t one bad split second decision. Officer didn’t identify himself and murdered a woman looking out a window to see what’s going on. Sound like a bunch of commies trying to justify his actions because she picked up a gun when she heard noises in the yard. Maybe she had her door open because it felt great outside. It’s 2019 so that means we should live in fear and keep everything locked up?
                I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  If I remember correctly when the officers approached him he tried to draw his weapon or already had it drawn and started to raise it up pointing it in the officers direction.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                  That was the police version. We will never know what really happened as there were no body cams. Police were at the wrong address and killed an old man and no one was ever charged with murder or even fired as far as I know. No one will ever know if the police identified themselves and the old man with several flashlights shining in his eyes shurley could not tell if they were officers. It was a tragic case and so is this current one. I am certain of one thing and that is none of these officers went to work those tragic nights with the thought in mind that I will shoot me somebody tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    That was the police version. We will never know what really happened as there were no body cams. Police were at the wrong address and killed an old man and no one was ever charged with murder or even fired as far as I know. No one will ever know if the police identified themselves and the old man with several flashlights shining in his eyes shurley could not tell if they were officers. It was a tragic case and so is this current one. I am certain of one thing and that is none of these officers went to work those tragic nights with the thought in mind that I will shoot me somebody tonight.
                    The daughter of that case was on the radio the other day . She said he was in the garage and heard people out side the garage. As the door opened cops saw his gun about waist level and shot through the garage door. He never knew who was outside because he was dead before the door got all the way up

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
                      Recon I'm a communist now....not the first insult some dip**** had for me on here

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                        I don't see this being a murder charge at all. He was quick to pull the trigger but if the information that was given to him by dispatch was something other than a welfare check and she raised her hands pointing a gun at him then I can understand the quick trigger pull.
                        The way I see them acting in the video doesn't seem like the behaviour or approach one would use in a general welfare check. The door being open would make a difference to me if it wasn't a welfare check. Not knowing the information they had leaves a lot of questions.
                        Sad situation for all involved.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                        The officers weren’t going to a welfare check. It was a burglary in progress. The officer was still wrong no matter what he was responding to.

Was it dispatched as a burglary? No but I have heard it was welfare check or only an open door call. I have read versions that said the officers were not told it was a welfare check but....

At 2am, an open door call or information of such or even just seeing it, elevates it to a possible burglary. Just because a neighbor doesn’t say the words or a dispatcher misinterprets or leaves out information doesn’t change it from the officer’s viewpoint.

The police have to make judgment calls by the information given and what they come across. The words used by a dispatcher doesn’t necessarily dictate the response. If a person goes to an auto repair shop and says, some thingamajig is making some kind of clunking and wheezing sounds when I start the engine....

The mechanic isn’t going to say, there is no thingamajig so I can’t help you. No, the response is going to be, from my experience and professional opinion.... The officers are doing the same thing. I was told one thing but....

The officer made a horrible and deadly mistake. I can just about guarantee that the officers on scene thought it was a possible burglary and most officers in the same situation probably would have thought the same.

From what I have read about the situation...

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                          Completely agree. Sounds like the city and DA jumped the gun and are flailing around desperately to appease with a murder charge. Politics, climate and such. Grand jury was skipped for some unjustified reason. Now it's looking like another cluster. These big city's are managed more like third world countries than representative democracy. Pitiful

Present to grand jury, charge appropriately, present, punish appropriately if found guilty. Pick up the peices and move on in good faith.
                          I agree but for further information....

The grand jury is “skipped” in a majority of cases on the initial arrest. The officer was arrested on an accusation warrant. No indictment on the initial arrest is probably true in about 75% of felonies. I would guess that about 95% of misdemeanor arrest are before the DA has even seen, much less accepted a case.

There is no legal requirement to wait for an indictment or a complaint in a misdemeanor just justify an arrest but there is an indictment requirement to procede to a trial. A grand jury “could” still no bill this officer.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Recon I'm a communist now....not the first insult some dip**** had for me on here
                            You aren't ANTIFA too are ya? Somebody said there was a bunch of them runnin' 'round tbh

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              You aren't ANTIFA too are ya? Somebody said there was a bunch of them runnin' 'round tbh
                              Not antifa.....just pro china communist

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Not antifa.....just pro china communist
                                At least you and Lebron have that in common

Comment

Working...
                                X