No announcement yet.

TTHA - Fort Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went for our first time yesterday brought my 2 girls. Defiantly at the bottom of the financials on the hunt world did find a few potential hunts that were reasonable for the kids which was good

Comment

It was a great show, lots of folks and lots of kids which I love to see. I was surprised how many folks that we saw on Saturday came back again on Sunday.
      One more to go...See you in San Antonio.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by buckybill View Post
        Maybe I’m in the minority but I was really disappointed in the show this year. It seemed half the size of what it has been, and a lot of non hunting booths. No I don’t want gutter covers nor do I want my bathroom redone. Maybe it was just me
        I feel the same way as you, Buckybill. I have be going to this show, many,many years. I look forward to it every year. But this year was the worst one I have ever been to. You could see right away, they tried to make it look big. The isles seemed wider (to me), empty booths, some of the big vendors were missing, Seemed to me, like they had a had time filling this one room. Just was not the same this year.There is a parking problem. I saw two trucks trying to back out of the entrance to the garage across the street into traffic.There truck would not fit. This year I took advantage of the free parking and riding the shuttle. Didn't look like too many people were doing this. Didn't have to wait for the shuttle very long, going or coming. Saved me 15 or 20 bucks parking. All this said and done, I will go again next year, I still enjoyed going. Hoping some time they will move back to Will Rogers. It was whole lot better show place for the vendors, customers and "Redneck" parking.

Comment

Originally posted by txcowboy69 View Post
          It was whole lot better show place for the vendors.
          As a vendor, I’d 100 percent disagree with you. I’d still be there this morning trying to get out of will Rogers. (Not exaggerating). Vendor Hotel was better. Vendor Parking was about the same. Number of people has been better. It’s an all around win for the show. Don’t ever count on it going back to that **** hole, dungeon Will Rogers.

Comment

I feel the same way as you, Buckybill. I have be going to this show, many,many years. I look forward to it every year. But this year was the worst one I have ever been to. You could see right away, they tried to make it look big. The isles seemed wider (to me), empty booths, some of the big vendors were missing, Seemed to me, like they had a had time filling this one room. Just was not the same this year.There is a parking problem. I saw two trucks trying to back out of the entrance to the garage across the street into traffic.There truck would not fit. This year I took advantage of the free parking and riding the shuttle. Didn't look like too many people were doing this. Didn't have to wait for the shuttle very long, going or coming. Saved me 15 or 20 bucks parking. All this said and done, I will go again next year, I still enjoyed going. Hoping some time they will move back to Will Rogers. It was whole lot better show place for the vendors, customers and "Redneck" parking.
            You seemed to contradict yourself on this. It seems like people were complaining about parking but then there is this solution. To me, the people complaining about parking had no desire to do anything other than drive there and park in the parking garage for the show. So many other options. I got there just before noon on Saturday and parked for free on the street just south of the Convention center, near the water pool in the park. There were two open street spots. Took only a few seconds of looking and found it.

Comment

I feel the same way as you, Buckybill. I have be going to this show, many,many years. I look forward to it every year. But this year was the worst one I have ever been to. You could see right away, they tried to make it look big. The isles seemed wider (to me), empty booths, some of the big vendors were missing,

LMFAO...you are bitching about wider aisles? Holy hell I can't believe I just read that when all folks did was ***** about the aisles being too narrow in Will Rogers....I can remember having to walk sideways in WR back when they had it there and all folks did was ***** about not enough room here on TBH and THF. Do you think maybe just maybe they listened to all the complaints and changed venues to allow for more room? I walked though several times during the busy time of the day to get to look at a few things when we had some relief help at the tank. I was glad the aisles were wider....and even then it was still slow moving with all the people. The thought of...."I wish these aisles were narrower and they compressed everything down" never crossed my mind. Nor did I wish they compressed everything down and had the vendors more cramped so they could show this mythical "true size of the show" I've seen mentioned twice now. I'm sure the vendors and the other attendees not looking for a reason to complain appreciated any extra room. I know I did.

Just goes to show you....you can't please everybody....

Last edited by Smart; 08-13-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buckybill View Post
                Maybe I’m in the minority but I was really disappointed in the show this year. It seemed half the size of what it has been, and a lot of non hunting booths. No I don’t want gutter covers nor do I want my bathroom redone. Maybe it was just me
                I agree Bill. I've gone every year for a lot of years (maybe 15 years?). For the last 7 or 8 years, it's gone downhill every year. This year was yet again worse than the prior year. I see no reason to ever go back.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  You seemed to contradict yourself on this. It seems like people were complaining about parking but then there is this solution. To me, the people complaining about parking had no desire to do anything other than drive there and park in the parking garage for the show. So many other options. I got there just before noon on Saturday and parked for free on the street just south of the Convention center, near the water pool in the park. There were two open street spots. Took only a few seconds of looking and found it.

Speaking of good times.

Found this on my camera this morning. Can you say “Cheeeeeeeese!”[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Jason Mears and his awesome wife Nealla made an appearance at the tank too with their boy Zaden. Zaden was fishing... Jason was telling fish stories on the left and Nealla was in selfie mode so I obliged[emoji23][emoji23]...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Fish tank was busy all night and the fish were on fire. FND, RDK and myself were running around with our heads cut off. Good day with good fish......

Only pics I had time to take were the first group. FND probably took some more.

What do they catch them at on? Do they ever not bite?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        What do they catch them at on? Do they ever not bite?

Various prepared small piece dough baits like berkley gulp, magic bait or crappie nibbles, cut up chunks of real worms, chunks of hot dog, etc etc. Can't use anything like stink bait, punch bait, livers etc because it will make the water nasty and affect the fish.

Can't make em bite of course but channel catfish will keep on bitin' with holes in their mouth plus they are real hearty.. It has peaks and valleys just like any fishing with the best fishing early usually......but they consistently turn on and off throughout the weekend. We are constantly changing out bait type and freshening them up to make them bite for the kids. That being said, we've had better Sundays than Fridays too. It all depends on that load of fish.

Comment

Speaking of good times.

Found this on my camera this morning. Can you say “Cheeeeeeeese!”[emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks Jason. Appreciate it.

LMFAO...you are bitching about wider aisles? Holy hell I can't believe I just read that when all folks did was ***** about the aisles being too narrow in Will Rogers....I can remember having to walk sideways in WR back when they had it there and all folks did was ***** about not enough room here on TBH and THF. Do you think maybe just maybe they listened to all the complaints and changed venues to allow for more room? I walked though several times during the busy time of the day to get to look at a few things when we had some relief help at the tank. I was glad the aisles were wider....and even then it was still slow moving with all the people. The thought of...."I wish these aisles were narrower and they compressed everything down" never crossed my mind. Nor did I wish they compressed everything down and had the vendors more cramped so they could show this mythical "true size of the show" I've seen mentioned twice now. I'm sure the vendors and the other attendees not looking for a reason to complain appreciated any extra room. I know I did.

I agree. I bought a door for my blind build and had to carry it through the convention center and out to my car. I was glad the aisles were bigger. I still wished there was less people though. I did manage to make it all the way out without hitting anything or anyone.

Comment

I went on friday and enjoyed it as usual but I do agree it seems like the show gets smaller every year. From what the TTHA people were saying in the past was this venue was chosen to make it get bigger. I dont mind other items for sale besides hunting stuff as it takes lots of booths to pay from the center as long as 90% are hunting related didnt see a problem with that this year as opposed to years past but I will agree seems like a lot of vendors have pulled out and parking was expensive

Comment

Smart...Just for the record...I was not "bitching" about wider isles. It was nice to walk and not being shoved along with the crowd . My point was, the show didn't seem to have as many vendors as in previous years. So to use up the total space in that room , the show had to be spread out. This made wider isles and this was great for the customers and the vendors.

Comment

Missed it this year, first time since it started, I always enjoyed going but to be honest the past 5 years it was like a race to get through it, same stuff pretty much every year, rarely were we there for 2 hours. But it is good for the younger generation who have not seen all the latest and greatest, and Kudos to the catfish bunch, I am sure yall made a bunch of kids happy

Comment

Working...
                                X