Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son's Miltary Career Derailed...for him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he is going to be a Infantry Drill Sergeant i feel for him. Infantry OSUT is going from 14 weeks to 22 weeks. That is a long cycle.

Comment

Well, just got a call from Jake. Just shows his dedication for what he loves...heading to Georgia after the 1st of the year AND re-enlisted to boot. Seems the Army made it worth while after all with some "incentives?"

It's what he loves so all of us are supporting as usual. Funny...back where he started years past. Next up...Smokey Bear hat...

Comment

double post

Comment

Has he already gone through Drill Sergeant School? That use to be like going through Basic again according to friends of mine that did it.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
            Has he already gone through Drill Sergeant School? That use to be like going through Basic again according to friends of mine that did it.
            No sir..he just agreed to the assignment today. I "think" he starts the school in a few months.

Comment

DS school will mentally challenge him. Gotta learn to read people and get the best out of each one. Have a ol'Soldier of mine going through the academy at this moment. They are harder on the New Instructors more than the boots. He can still work his contacts throughout this journey. Get some college out of the way to make the best for future options.

Comment

Tell him to tough it out! I retired in 2013 and all I do now is hunt, fish, golf and bbq. Not necessarily in this order. Depends on the weather!!! Drill instructor and recruiting are pretty tough for the Army guys. He will be fine though!!! In the Navy we got to volunteer for recruiting or boot camp company commander, everyone does get voluntold eventually in all branches!

Comment

I didn't serve but since my son enlisted I've learned a heckuva lot. However I do work with a lot of guys that did serve and have learned some from them as well. Once you get up in the ranks there are very few things you can do to keep promoting. It's like a bottle neck from what everyone tells me.

Comment

Good for him. Not going drill or recruiter would likely be a discriminator against promotion later on. Probably wouldn't make E7, and certainly not E8. And I wouldn't necessarily agree it's a derailment either. Those "select career moves" won't protect against going drill/recruiter. The SF guys get picked up for that all the time. My senior DS was an E7 longtabber, was 28 years old and had been in the Army 8 years. Fast mover.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                      Good for him. Not going drill or recruiter would likely be a discriminator against promotion later on. Probably wouldn't make E7, and certainly not E8. And I wouldn't necessarily agree it's a derailment either. Those "select career moves" won't protect against going drill/recruiter. The SF guys get picked up for that all the time. My senior DS was an E7 longtabber, was 28 years old and had been in the Army 8 years. Fast mover.
                      Yep, after I digested all of it for a couple of days and talked to a few friends I agree with you. I'm sure what got him was the "suddenness of here it is." He was in the process of getting his "packet" together. Jake has been a fast mover as well. It all began with his graduation at Benning where he led his class out on the field. Never been so proud in my life sitting in the stands.

Thanks for the comment!!

Comment

Found the Pic...

Just wanted to share...this is how it all really started...Fort Benning Graduation...
                        Attached Files

Comment

He needs to use this time to keep or get his packet squared away. There are SF recruiting stations on almost every installation. If he has a POC then he can get contacts at any of his stations.

Comment

Please tell him THANK YOU again for all of us Kuma. How can you not be proud of that young man and his willingness to serve our great country. We enjoy our freedoms because of men like your son.

Comment

Im going out on a limb here and saying this is an answer to prayer. His service began with a request for TBH prayers and he has received MANY. Thank GOD for this move. its the right one..

Comment

Prayers continuing for him & his service career & Thank him for his service!

Comment

Working...
                                X