Favorite Used ATV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Used ATV?

In the realm of used boat motors it seems like everyone is looked for a 2 stroke yamaha for their durability and ease of repair but they are hard to find. So, in terms of ATVs is there a similar used ATV (Make, Model, Date Range) that I should keep my eye out for to use doing small deer property/food plot work?

Hondas are pretty bullet proof. Stay away from any atv that has been snorkeled.
    For food plot get a 400 and up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Hondas are pretty bullet proof. Stay away from any atv that has been snorkeled.
      For food plot get a 400 and up.
      ^^^^Good Advice
      They make them faster and bigger but none are more reliable. My last two ATV's were 29 and 31 years old Honda 4X4's 300 TRX's. They are still running and Graysonhogs is glad for it cause he bought them. Now own a Pioneer 1000 since 2016 and have never had to do anything to it.

Comment

We have had Honda and Yamaha at the lease. All 15+ years old. Parts are available but we seldom work on either brand. We use them as tools not toys.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Stay away from Honda’s with the electric shift

Comment

Honda rancher, & Forman are great for durability... slightly under powered. I can’t imagine food plotting with my rancher

Yamaha big bear, grizzly and kodiak all great as well

I too would suggest 400 as a MINIMUM. 550-750 is a great usable size for work

Comment

Don’t have experience with a lot of different atv’s but my 06 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 has been incredibly reliable no repairs outside of maintenance since new

Comment

I have owned maybe a dozen or more atv's, lived in Montana and Colorado where every weekend it's Jeeps or ATV's or dirtbikes so we rode a lot. I am a Yamaha guy, the durability is unmatched. The Polaris machines had a lot of issues, the Honda's were #2 probably in popularity but the Suzuki's and Kawasaki's are great machines as well. I'll probably get hate mail but I would not own a Polaris, I have 2 brothers that are atv mechanics and feel the same way.

Comment

Honda run great. They are expensive and most have straight axle which ride too hard for me.

I’d take a Yamaha Grizzly 700 or a Polaris Sportsman 500 in the 2010-2013 area with the front flip box. Change of the drive belt which takes 10 minutes to do and you have a true AWD Atv. They aren’t expensive. The Grizzly are hard to find clean and in pristine condition. But I jump on em when I see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my 2004 Honda Foreman

Comment

2001 Honda Foreman. No major work since I’ve owned. Dawgkllr did a carb job to it last year and now it’s a one time crank every time for me.

Comment

Honda!

Comment

I've bought two Yamaha 450's from the TBH classifieds. One of them is a 2004 and had 15,000 miles on it when I got it. That one's in my back yard now due to rusted broken frame, but still runs perfectly fine. The frame isn't it's fault, they live on an island at the coast in a pole barn parked on the sand and used on the beach. I can't imagine any brand doing better than these two have served us, just not possible. The other is a 2009 and runs great all around. They sit for a month at a time then the kids ride them hard on the sand, one tows a trailer full of coolers and dogs, 4x4 use constantly through the deep stuff and hog retrieval in the marsh mud.

Comment

2005 Yamaha Kodiak

Comment

I have a 2003 Honda.

It’s a bigger one. I’m guessing 500. Foreman model i believe. 4x4 automatic transmission.

I bought it used 9 years ago. Absolute workhorse of a machine. Very reliable and durable.

I’m considering going to a UTV and if i do i will be selling it along with a 5x10 trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X