Port A Golf Carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port A Golf Carts

We’re going to the beach this year and I’ll be pulling my toy hauler to an RV Park with the intention of bringing a personal golf cart. The lady at the RV place said I can bring it, but personal golf carts aren’t worth the trouble due to the rules and regulations surrounding them and some extra $75 registration fee for personal golf carts. I’m assuming I’d have to make sure my cart is street legal, but does anyone have any idea what she might be talking about? Has anyone ever taken a personal golf cart to port A?

I was convinced she was trying to upsell me into a golf cart rental company she may be in business with...

Are you staying at the Pioneer campground?

Comment

Go to the port aransas website. There is a whole section on golf carts and what you need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A word of caution with the golf carts. You can get a dwi while operating one.

Comment

We take ours all the time. City requires certain safety items, registration thru them ($100) and insurance on your cart.

Comment

Don't take a cart out on Hwy 361 or you will get a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Are you staying at the Pioneer campground?
              Yes, now I’m super curious

Comment

We have taken ours before. Just meet the safety requirements, insurance and permit no issues at all. We stayed at Gulf Waters RV Park.

Comment

That’s exactly what I was looking for this morning. Thanks!

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                  We take ours all the time. City requires certain safety items, registration thru them ($100) and insurance on your cart.

Comment

Originally posted by itsgood1308 View Post
                    Yes, now I’m super curious
                    They have their own rules about carts. No rentals allowed(they have "preferred vendors") and private ones require a park pass, cant be driving on one after 11pm and no on under 16 can drive. Never did bother me much, it is a very nice place, very clean and I have been going there for a few years. I have stayed at different RV parks down there and prefer Pioneer. Gulf Shores is nice too.

View current rates for Pioneer Beach RV sites and cabin rental, and compare prices for winter and summer seasons.

Comment

We have been taking our personal golf cart since before they started requiring registration and insurance.
                      We also stay at Pioneer and take full advantage of the golf cart accessible boardwalk over the dunes to get to the beach. Super convenient and if it isn't the weekend then having a tall flag on your cart makes it easy for others to see when you are driving over the boardwalk. It is only one lane and it does have a wide spot half way across for passing.
                      Last time we stayed at Gulf Waters they didn't have a boardwalk to the beach - looks like they do now.
                      The City of Port A has never inspected my cart to make certain that it has all of their safety gear - take that for what its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                        We have been taking our personal golf cart since before they started requiring registration and insurance.

We also stay at Pioneer and take full advantage of the golf cart accessible boardwalk over the dunes to get to the beach. Super convenient and if it isn't the weekend then having a tall flag on your cart makes it easy for others to see when you are driving over the boardwalk. It is only one lane and it does have a wide spot half way across for passing.

Last time we stayed at Gulf Waters they didn't have a boardwalk to the beach - looks like they do now.

The City of Port A has never inspected my cart to make certain that it has all of their safety gear - take that for what its worth.

lol yup they just want the $100. Never checked mine either. Gulf Waters has a nice wide boardwalk. We stay there for a month every summer.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                          lol yup they just want the $100. Never checked mine either. Gulf Waters has a nice wide boardwalk. We stay there for a month every summer.
                          Exactly! The first year they did the whole golf cart registration thing I got license plate # 800. That was they last one they had and they were ordering more. It was $50 that first year. Yep - The City of Port A realized the cash cow they were missing out on. 800 license plates at $50/each the first year = $40k.
                          Who knows how many plates they sell each year now at $100/each!

Comment

I promise that taking your own cart will be cheaper than renting one for $150-$200 per day rental price. I will never travel around down there in anything but a golf cart again!

Comment

Yeah I’m stuck on whether I want to take my truck back and forth or go ahead and take the appropriate measures to legally use my golf cart

Comment

Working...
                              X