Apple Flavored Deer Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Flavored Deer Corn

Anybody had better outcome using apple flavored deer corn versus normal corn ?

Originally posted by Jlambeth View Post
    Anybody had better outcome using apple flavored deer corn versus normal corn ?
    you heard'a nilly corn?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Jlambeth View Post
        Anybody had better outcome using apple flavored deer corn versus normal corn?
        Apple flavored pea gravel.

Comment

The folks that sell it have a better outcome.

Comment

I have used Mummes apple scented corn for the last 6 years. I have no conclusive evidence that it is better than regular corn, but I have never felt like it hurt either. I hunt in Burnet county, when the acorns fall, it will not matter what flavor is on the corn, they will be eating acorns. But if there is even a tiny chance the apple scent will pull them in over regular, then it is worth it to me. If I am not hunting a feeder, I do feel like they find the apple scented hand corned spots quicker.

Comment

I prefer the cherry

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                you heard'a nilly corn?
                Shhhhh

Just ordered 5 gallons of that Mexican nilla from Amazon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I rotate between apple and regular corn for our office deer here in NW San Antonio. I see no difference in how fast they get to it or how quickly it gets gobbled up. I don't think they care..

Comment

I always try to feed something different than the neighbors are feeding !
                    If they feed corn I feed apple corn.
                    If they feed apple corn I feed soybean/corn.
                    If they feed soybean/corn I hunt the fence lines.

Comment

Try the orange flavor, they will come running

Comment

I used to believe that flavored corn was a gimmick until my buddy used it and went from few deer to a BUNCH at his feeder. I tried it in mine and could definitely see a difference. Deer that were once wary would come in at a dead run licking their lips when the feeder went off. I think some brands are better than others...especially the ones that have a sweet taste.

This guy was addicted to the stuff:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just recently had a couple beers with an old high school buddy that informed me that he feeds no corn at all. He told me that he feeds All Stock Pellets out of his feeders and pours rice bran on the ground beside it. Judging by deer he has shot and photos that he has shown me, it seems to work fairly well.

Comment

Atwoods had it for $6.99 for a 40# a bag, verse $5.99 for regular corn.....Heck for a dollar more it was worth a shot

Comment

Not a bit for me. And same result on hogs when trying soured corn vs plain dry corn.

Comment

Working...
                              X