Entry Level Long Range Optic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry Level Long Range Optic?

I just purchased a Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor and putting a Boyd Thumbhole on it.

Hoping to start doing some long range target shooting out to 700-800 yards on our deer lease.

What is an entry level long range scope with adjustable turrets and possibly an IOS APP that is designed for the brand of scope?

Preferably 44mm-50mm and up to 24x or larger.

Kicker is - trying to keep it under $600 with scope and rings...

Any recommendations is much appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushnell Nitro and Vortex Viper lines are in your price range

Comment

Vortex Viper PST FFP Gen 1 6-24x with EBR-2C reticle served me well out to a mile on my 260 and 300WM
      I think they are around $550 new.
      Yep: https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vip...43128-new.aspx

Comment

Check out the Athlon Talos BTR. It's not the 24x power, but it is super clear. I have it on my AR10 and ring steel at 600 consistently and it could definitely go further. You may be able to bump up to the Athlon Ares for about $900.

Comment

Good info guys keep it coming

Comment

I’ve never heard anything bad about the SWFA fixed-power scopes

Comment

Look for a used Burris XTR II with SCR reticle or Viper PST. Personally I’d take the Burris first every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. If you can find a PST II in your budget then that would be my first choice.

Comment

Athlon Midas TAC is in your range at $450 and a very nice scope. Athlon Ares BTR mil scopes were on sale for $489, thats down from $800. I've had several Athlons and still have a couple. Very good for the money.

Comment

Following

Comment

ive got a barska 6-24x50 thats never been mounted that ill sell.. if you wanna get your feet wet with the high magnification without dropping serious coin

$60TYD
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by hully1029; 09-05-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I bought the same gun and went with a Nikon Black FX 1000 in 6x24.50 MOA. Picked it up at Cabelas for $650 I think. I have only sighted the gun in but the glass is very clear.

Comment

i have a Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 that i like. The turrets are soft but seem to track well. I think Midway has it on sale for $424.99

I also have a Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18 also that i like. they make that one in 4-24 as well.

Comment

All above mentioned scopes are worth considering. Hate to add another choice to have to choose from but my FFL guy turned me on to these when my new 264 win mag came in. It is a US Veteran owned company, has a great warranty, HD glass, FFP, great magnification range, the turrets track really well, ….so far it has been a great surprise and an awesome optic

Comment

I’ve had good luck with vortex optics used a few vipers and crossfires with success from 0-1300 yards. I’ve also been playing with primary arms optics and they aren’t as nice as the vortex but they were cheap and good enough to buy 3 of them, I have used them out to 750 yards.

Comment

Check out the Athlon and the Arken scopes. There is a gunsmith here that deals in them and seems to be very impressed with the quality. They have all the bells and whistles without the price tag.

Comment

Working...
                              X