No announcement yet.

Confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After settling into my treestand and thinking how easy it was to get in the tree that day, Realized I didn't have a bow! Boy Wonder strikes again!

Comment

I’ve done the “left my release at home” and “showed up with no ammo” too. One time I showed up with no key to get in the gate. Woulda been no biggie if I was only hunting, but I also had a load of corn & protein with me and rain was imminent. After a lot of sitting there and cursing I realize I had tools with me to take the hinges off the gate and let myself in. It was sure a lot harder putting the gate back up by myself than it was taking it down. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Slumpbusted once....

It worked

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          I went to the woods without toilet paper before and came back with one less sock. True story.
          if someone has not experienced this, then they havent spent enough time in the woods

Comment

Confessions

About 3 weeks ago I stopped into buy feed on a Friday afternoon. Paid for it and went out to truck to drive around to dock. Customer called me and I drive right out of the lot and head to the lease. About 20 miles later I realize I got no feed. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was hunting in North Dakota when I was a “kid”. Climbed down from my stand cause I’d been prairie doggin’ for about 1/2hr and it was time. It was about 10 degrees that day and I had my camp bib overalls on that day under my jacket. Undressing enough to crap with all those clothes on is work. I undid the shoulder straps, pulled them between my legs or so I thought and commenced on with the business at hand. Finish up and start to put myself back together and when I flung my second shoulder strap back over my own **** hit me in the side of the face! Good times....

Comment

Several occasions I have left my Binoculars. Did I mention I was looking for a target buck. Uggghhhhhh. Just sit and watch. Lol

Comment

I've forgot my release before, probably worst thing to ever forget was setting my alarm clock on opening day... I woke up about an hour after daylight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve done the same thing before. Now I always have quiver attached!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnAGarrett View Post
                      This morning on the way to the lease I reached back in the dark to make sure my release was strapped to my bow and sliced 2 fingers open on a broadhead that was barely exposed in my quiver. I had to swing in to 7Eleven and get some napkins because I was leaving a blood trail and used all mine in the truck. I had to buy some KrazyGlue to seal 'er up so I could hunt.....Currently, I am in the blind, bleeding under control.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      Ouch! Good luck!

Comment

I took my daughter and my nephew on a tyhp hunt this past weekend. They check your license, hunters ed, gun and bullets before every hunt. I told them both to go get there stuff, nephew did have his hunters ed card so I look it up on line and show them. The ranch owner takes the 3 of us to our stand as we are getting out of the Polaris nephew tells me he doesn't have any bullets, I am like what the heck you just had them in your hand less than 15 minutes ago. I told him well I guess you are just going to set here and watch your cousin shoot. But the ranch owner felt bad for him and drove us back to camp to get his bullets. Guess who got called Barney Fife all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                          I trusted a fart
                          I’ve done that too. You’d have thought that in my 40 rotations around the sun, I’d have learned my lesson, but, sometimes I still get burned being a trusting soul!

Comment

Forgot to switch to the heavy-duty de-cocking bolt after a morning sit with the crossbow. That cedar stump didn’t even twitch when that slick trick broadhead double-limbed it!

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
                              I’ve done that too. You’d have thought that in my 40 rotations around the sun, I’d have learned my lesson, but, sometimes I still get burned being a trusting soul!
                              That’s so bad and funny. Lol

Comment

Drove to Canyon Lake archery club to shoot in a tournament. Got out, went and signed up and paid the entry fee. Walking back to my truck it dawned on me that I’d forgotten my arrows. The fellas that I’d just paid sure had a funny look in their faces when I loaded up and left.

Comment

Working...
                                X