No announcement yet.

Nicer things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like nice things but hate paying for it. In the end, I try to find the best value. Some things are worth going inexpensive on, other things aren't. I buy Ridgid power tools instead of harbor freight because I believe they will get the job done and are worth the extra money.

I hate to be so brash, but I don't like eating at nice restaurants because it just ends up a terd.

A lot of times I will go middle of the road. I bought a cheap, entry level bow last year, hated it, couldn't get it sighted in at all, thought it was me, but bass pro let me do a refund 60 days after purchase. I ended up getting a mid-market bow for about $500 more than I already invested. Within an hour I was dialed in and putting 5 arrows within about 2 inches at 50 yards. Somethings are just better to spend extra money on.

Comment

I buy good stuff, the best for my hobbies but I go used. Best of both worlds b

Comment

Most of my crappy cheap stuff has been slowly replaced by good, high quality stuff.

I'm a big believer in paying more for quality gear, IF it's actually quality.

Comment

Crankshafts. Never use a cheap crankshaft.

Comment

I farm with chunk, but pay the price to keep it going. I’ve always preferred land payments to equipment payments, if I drop dead my kids owe little on equipment. My auction won’t matter at all

Comment

Chunk rymes with junk! Fancy phone corrects me inaccurately or it’s the baby beers

Comment

I’ll spend good money on tools, vehicles, and equipment. But I will shop for the best deal I can get. I have bought many cheaper tools over the years, wrenches, sockets, ratchets etc, but they all live in the truck tool box so if they are stolen I ain’t out much. The good stuff stays at the house to work with when there.

Comment

I had an Eggnormous burrito at BurgerKing this morning. I’ll find out if it was worth it tomorrow morning.....

Comment

Buy the best you can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      I had an Eggnormous burrito at BurgerKing this morning. I’ll find out if it was worth it tomorrow morning.....
                      You can hold it till tomorrow morning? That's endurance!!

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                        Buy the best you can afford.
                        This.
                        I won't buy a Swarovski glass although admittedly they are the best and worth it to those who get their money's worth out of them. A big game guide in Colorado or Alaska for example.
                        Looking at deer at the feeder Leupold does everything I need them to. Even if I go on an occasional western hunt they fill the bill for me. I can't justify spending it for what I would use it for.
                        Then again I'll buy Dewalt tools for using formby business all day long.
                        I'd rather have good enough than spend extra to prove something to the guy next to me at the gun range.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          I'd like to hear a list of what people think is worth more money. I don't mind paying more IF I know it's going to last.

Boots
                          Some tools
                          Quality rifles and pistols, but not real expensive
                          Bows

A lot of stuff is built to throw away today, and in some cases that is a good thing and sometimes not. I will generally buy mid range price things for most of what i buy. I don't need the flashy electronic stuff and things like that, but what i buy i want to work. Some things I won't skimp on because sometimes it is too expensive to buy cheap stuff. Unfortunately many times you don't know what is cheap stuff till you buy it, and some times it ain't cheap haha

PS I banned my wife from the dollar store cause everything in that place that is not name brand is JUNK and cost way more in headache than any pennies saved HAHA

Comment

A Van Staal for surf fishing is a bit overkill but it ain’t my money. I buy quality gear, but not the most expensive out there. Id much rather spend spend $2-300 on a quality reel and go to the Chandeleur Islands fishing than spend $1k on a reel.

Comment

Had a similar (although notably different) conversation with my wife today. I’m turning 40. We’re taking a long weekend trip. Spared no expense. Maybe we can take memories with us to heaven, maybe not. I don’t care. Memories won’t break or get stolen. I don’t think I can take my left~handed Benelli SBE ll that I got for my 30th, however. I’ll have something even better. (And it’s a dang nice gun!)

Comment

Had a buddy who used to say “cool s*** ain’t cheap and cheap s*** ain’t cool

Comment

Working...
                                X