No announcement yet.

Any golden doodle owners here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pardon my ignorance but what does F1 or F1B mean?

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
      Pardon my ignorance but what does F1 or F1B mean?

F1B means that he’s 3/4 poodle and 1/5 Golden retriever.
      F1 is 50/50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        It blows my mind what people are selling mutts for these days.

If you saw my dog’s pedigree and his knowledge you wouldn’t call him a mutt. Even if he is a crossbreed he’s an amazing animal.

Comment

Honestly if you are looking for a hunting dog that doesn't shed I would go with a standard poodle. You can find a nice of a hunting dog for half the price. Nothing wrong with a goldendoodle but if you are wanting them to hunt you might be disappointed. There really isn't anybody out there breeding them with hunting lines in mind. With that said they tend to make great family dogs and I have seen a few decent hunters come out of them. If interested in a poodle checkout Louter Creek Hunting Poodles.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
            We are about to get one. Wife asked me to get one and I told her that if she's fine with me going to Alaska on DIY Moose Hunt then she can get one. Long story short, the hunt is booked for 2020 and we pick the pup up next weekend. I wanted to name the pup Moosie but we are going with Blair (think Golden Girls).
            I like your bargaining skills. LOL

I will have to keep that in mind next time I get asked to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              I think I've been broken down into buying one. Not my top 5 choices but....ive given up the good fight.

If you have one, does it shed, how is it, does it hunt?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              Everything I have seen is they are supposed to be smart, chill, and expensive. I just hate to pay for a dumb hyper dog. But I'll pay for smart and chill.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              Our neighbors have 2 of them. Brother and sister. I bet you would change your mind if you got to spend some time with them. They are the exact opposite of chill.
              Last edited by Stolle; 08-08-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                I've been around 2 Goldendoodles and one Labradoodle. The Goldendoodles were 50-50. One was a bonafied idiot, the other was a smart awesome dog. The Labradoodle was smart but crazy, and put a butt whoopin on my wife's mini schnauzer. He won my heart when he did that, so he was awesome too.

Lol funny story

Comment

We have a 2yo F1. By far the smartest dog I have ever owned. Everyone that meets her makes comments on how smart and well behaved she is. I just did typical obedience training myself as I don’t duck hunt anymore. She’s also an awesome guard dog for my little girl as they are inseparable. Very protective. And yes, some F1’s shed a little.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                    We have a 2yo F1. By far the smartest dog I have ever owned. Everyone that meets her makes comments on how smart and well behaved she is. I just did typical obedience training myself as I don’t duck hunt anymore. She’s also an awesome guard dog for my little girl as they are inseparable. Very protective. And yes, some F1’s shed a little.

My F1B sheds a little too! But minimal compared to a Golden retriever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      It blows my mind what people are selling mutts for these days.
                      Yep, but it's the current fad.

Comment

I have a standard poodle : Belgium malinois. Smart pup

Comment

I have a friend that breeds and sells standard poodles, labs, labradoodles and aussiedoodles. These crosses are the popular thing right now and puppies usually don't last very long. They are a family of 5 and the dogs are great with the family for sure. Good luck on your quest for a golden.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                            F1B means that he’s 3/4 poodle and 1/5 Golden retriever.
                            Is it 1/20 aardvark or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                              Is it 1/20 aardvark or what?

Probably got some in the wood pile!

Comment

The inconsistencies from one dog to the next are what you get when breeding mutts. Doesn’t mean they can’t be fantastic dogs...but let’s call a spade a spade.

My wife has a “Shorkie”, I have a mutt...he’s a great dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X