Aoudad advice on a ranch with Reliable Water gaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have a 730-acre ranch up Jackson County Texas and we have Reliable Water gaps made out of old conveyor belts from a factory, and they’re very, very heavy. It floods to zero to three times a year. By the way, the photo of the one with lots where it is flooding near a bridge was taken on November 1st of, 2018, from the county road those rubbers were the water is going through is my property. We had axis then. The fences are in great condition. We have blackbuck,, and the are skinner then aoudads we seen the blackbuck a lot. We have axis too

2 Male Axis
    13 Females Axis
    6 Blackbuck Females .
    2 male blackbuck delivered also two male and female aoudads

Aoudad
    Seven rams
    Six Ewes
    Thirteen total aoudad delivered.
    I have seen one them on the cameras.
    One comes to the camp feeder everyday.

So what do you think of aoudads? Does anybody else have aoudad and have Reliable Water gaps

You are saying you had 13 aoudad delivered to you property and its 730 acres and you never see them and you think they may have escaped through the water gaps?

Comment

For reference I had 1 aoudad on my place when i bought it. Its 500 acres. It took 2 years to kill it. It was never in a fed pen 3-5 pics of passing by feed pens during that time period. Was killed the 2nd time it was seen in person.

I currently have 1 giant boar on my place with huge cutters. been there for 9 months. A friend caught him, cut him and dropped him off. Place is now 700 acres as I bought and fenced an adjoining property. Hes seen on camera about 2x month and has only been seen on the hoof x2 in the last 9 months.

Your aoudad are there...they are just sneaky.

Comment

I’m not a 100 percent sure but they are probably out there somewhere

I’m not a 100 percent sure but they are probably out there somewhere. I do see tons of blackbuck. When we got axis it took a long time until we could see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Avidhunter1356 View Post
          I’m not a 100 percent sure but they are probably out there somewhere. I do see tons of blackbuck. When we got axis it took a long time until we could see them.
          They are there. I got a buddy in wtx with about 900 acres he has roughly 15 aoudad hardly ever sees them driving around or in fed pens over the last few years. If you go spend and entire weekend of foot walking your place you will find them.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think they are a pain in the ***, eat too much feed, tear up feeders, and are hard to sell if they arent 28"+

I turned out 10 on 220 acres. A year later I had 17 and could hear them ramming my feeders all night from the house.

Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
              I think they are a pain in the ***, eat too much feed, tear up feeders, and are hard to sell if they arent 28"+

I turned out 10 on 220 acres. A year later I had 17 and could hear them ramming my feeders all night from the house.

Never again.
              lol

Comment

I hunt in Jackson County also and had 2 random Aoudad show up on my game cameras. Maybe their yours?

Comment

Originally posted by GalvestonWader View Post
                  I hunt in Jackson County also and had 2 random Aoudad show up on my game cameras. Maybe their yours?
                  Got any pictures how long was it when you got those pictures?
                  Last edited by Avidhunter1356; 01-07-2023, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Do you have any pictures?

Originally posted by GalvestonWader View Post

Comment

These yours?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I’m still figuring it out. We got our Aoudad delivered October 21, 2022, and that picture from your trail cam was taken October 24, 2022. Have you only seen aoudad at your place any other exotics? Is your place low-fenced or high-fenced? I have sent a text to my ranch hand he knows tons of people.

Comment

We are low fence. A little past the Morales Store and near the Lavaca river. Only got a few pics over a couple day period. Neighbor to our NW saw them too. We’ve never seen any exotics there in 14 yrs.

Comment

So it past Morales Store how many acres do you have?
                            Last edited by Avidhunter1356; 01-10-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

So was it aoudads you saw the last 14 years or was another exotic animal?

Comment

Working...
                              X