My first Primal Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Primal Tech

It’s official: I’m now a member of the Primal Tech group. I got the call from Randy toward the end of December, and after a few conversations, the waiting began. I’d given him a few specs and ideas of what I was looking for, but left the majority of the decisions up to him. He’s an amazing artist and I knew I would like whatever he came up with. He finished it up last week, and we arranged to meet so I could pick it up in person.

I was blown away when he pulled that bow out of his truck. He’d sent me a few teaser pictures, but I was just about speechless seeing it in person. It’s a work of art, and I couldn’t be happier. The woods are absolutely gorgeous, and it fits my hand perfectly.

It was late when I finally made it home, but I was able to send a few down range before it got too dark to see. The bow shoots even better than it looks, in case anyone is wondering. There are few things I enjoy more than talking bows with people, and Randy
    really knows his stuff. It’s an honor to have such a beautiful piece of art to shoot, and I can’t wait to get it out on a course and in the woods.

Specs:
    62” one piece longbow
    40lbs @ 26 1/4”
    Stabilized cottonwood burl and g10 riser, spalted maple veneers, aoudad overlays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CamoQuest; 01-31-2023, 07:40 PM.

Congratulations!! Looks like you got a beauty there. Can't wait to see it at a shoot!

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Darn good looking stick! Love new bow days. Congrats!

Comment

Randy’s work can’t be beat!

Comment

Awesome looking stick!!!!

No doubt Randy makes nothing but beautiful bows!!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow. I’ve seen a couple of these. All beautiful.

Comment

Gorgeous bow!

Comment

Wow, Julie. You’re right, it IS a work of art! And nothing feels better than shooting something made to fit you. I suspect you’ll enjoy this bow for years to come.

Comment

Great looking longbow.

Comment

Beautiful bow, enjoy!

Comment

Beautiful bow

Comment

Nice looking bow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Randy makes great bows. He's an even nicer guy! Seems to be a common refrain in the trad world, doesn't it? Great people everywhere you look.

Comment

Awesome !!!

Rick

Comment

That sure is pretty. I'm thinking about a new long bow. I may be rude and ask to see it if your at Bryan next weekend if you don't mind. A group of us from fredericksburg are going to try and come up to the TBOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X