X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking notes...

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      I've never seen so much destruction by pigs and so many pigs just everywhere, yet very few opportunities offered to kill them.
      Nails Creek State Park at Somerville says Hi.

Comment

Went to a management hunt at Choke Canyon in December. Stayed at the cabins at the park. There were 4 of us guys. Brought a cot to go with the 3 beds. Worked for us, we were hunting all day and cooked burgers and steaks at night. We were hunting the north side of Choke Canyon, it was a bit of a drive back to the check in station if you killed something. It had to be taken back there. All deer had to be weighed and checked for CWD I think. Fortunately we were able to check in and out of the hunt area by text to the biologist if you did not make a kill on a deer. It was fun, first time to hunt south texas area, a learning experience for sure.

Comment

Good luck OP. My son and daughter were selected for the Youth Javelina hunt at Daughtrey a few years back.

They had success the first evening, then we drove back home.

Comment

Nice, hope we have luck too. I’ll do a live thread, as best I can. We’re going for a fun low stress hunt for this one. Their hunt at Hill Country was not very good, with the neighbors interfering and ruining the boys hunt. Want to finish with a Bang, and make some great memories.

Comment

This week has sucked! Been iced in since Monday afternoon, then the manchild got a stomach bug. I’ve been giving him all sorts of medicine and fluids, sure hope he’s better by tomorrow morning. Murphy seems to have a knack of kicking me in the junk lately. Fingers crossed, but his hunt still happens.

Comment

Not looking good for Mini Bush, sitting in the ER. His pain got much worse, so we brought him in thinking he may have appendicitis. Appendix is good, but he has a stomach virus that caused his lymph nodes to swell and result in lots of pain. Hopefully my buddy and his son will still be able to go, I really hate to miss this. At least he’s going to be ok, and it’s not worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                  Not looking good for Mini Bush, sitting in the ER. His pain got much worse, so we brought him in thinking he may have appendicitis. Appendix is good, but he has a stomach virus that caused his lymph nodes to swell and result in lots of pain. Hopefully my buddy and his son will still be able to go, I really hate to miss this. At least he’s going to be ok, and it’s not worse.
                  Dang I hate to hear that. Hopefully your boy bounces back quick. I took my son on a hunt (TYHP hunt) and he got really sick on Friday night/Saturday morning. Ended up not hunting and coming home. Same as your boy he ended up in the ER. Bad stomach bug and he got dehydrated. I.V. and meds helped him bounce back.

I'm not going to go on standby. Got asked to work this weekend. I'm still new here so I said yes I'd do it. Not a biggie though I can use the overtime money.

Comment

I'm letting him and mama sleep in, he was able to sleep the rest of the night without getting up in pain. He was on an IV for a few hours and some pain meds. Still keeping some hope, but just don't know right now. Just talked to my buddy, he and his boy are going regardless. Sure hope we can go too, hate to see him miss out on this hunt.

Comment

Dang! Prayers up for Y'all. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Comment

Well, God is great! He woke up feeling like he never was sick. He’s on his third meal ( didn’t eat at all yesterday. A little queasy in the gut, but doing great overall. We’re going to give it a go, I’m bringing everything I can think of, including the meds his Dr prescribed.
                        Let’s do this! Appreciate the prayers, they truly work.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                          Well, God is great! He woke up feeling like he never was sick. He’s on his third meal ( didn’t eat at all yesterday. A little queasy in the gut, but doing great overall. We’re going to give it a go, I’m bringing everything I can think of, including the meds his Dr prescribed.
                          Let’s do this! Appreciate the prayers, they truly work.

Great News!
                          Good luck!

Comment

Pack and extra roll of TP for the blind!

Comment

Well, that was short lived…. We got about 30 minutes from home and it hit him again with a vengeance. Had my buddy turn around and take us home, and picking up a prescription now. Fingers crossed, we may try to get up really early tomorrow and drive straight down. Otherwise, I’ll be waiting on reports from Robert and his son.

Comment

Sucks that JJ ain’t here. Cabin is comfy. Good call in accommodations Bush. Gonna go grab some breakfast and explore the area. Pictures coming later. Let me know if there’s something specific people want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X