Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Winchester Model 70 Fans In Here? Post them up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre 64 M70 375 H&H. 95%+ condition

Stays buried in my safe. It’s my brothers. He may never see it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by trophy8; 03-01-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

2 model 70 “pre-64” in 30-06. 1 is super grade and both look brand new. Used one of them for one hunting season and decided to buy APR’s to keep the model 70’s in their current condition.

They sure are beautiful guns!

Comment

My next rifle will be a mod70 CRF. In a 270 win. The quality control of Winchester right now is at an all time high some say. It might be made in Japan but a shooters a
        Shooter.

Comment

M70 Classic Super Grade with Maple stock chambered in 264 WM and topped with Leica 4X15X56
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Pre 64 M70 375 H&H. 95%+ condition

Stays buried in my safe. It’s my brothers. He may never see it again

Drool

Comment

Bumping this thread. Story time

I grew up watching my dad shoot a 50’s model .270 Winchester featherweight my grandpa had bought new. That rifle was magical to me and it kicked like a mule. One Thanksgiving I shot a big hog dead between the eyes with a 150 grain Winchester silver tip and it shattered both shoulders on that 250lb slob and rattled my teeth in the process. That gun hurts on both end.

Dad passed in October 2020 and I was finally able to call that old pre 64 mine. I need to get a good picture of it but it’s seen some use and shows it’s age. Hoping this coming season to put it back to work and take out a dandy 10 point I’ve been passing on for a few years at the lease my dad first took me hunting on.

Somehow I’ve always been a Remmy 700 fan, but a few years ago I picked up a solid 90’s super grade red pad. .270 Winchester. A true rifleman’s rifle. Ended up having to pillar bed and float the barrel and swapped the trigger spring. Now it makes nice little touching groups. 24” barrel, normal sporter contour

Shortly after my super grade purchase my MIL decided she wanted to go hunting and wanted her own rifle. She calls one day from the gun shop and asked if this was a good gun?
              Current production 7mm-08 Super Grade… I told her absolutely it was. And with 120 reduced recoil loads it’s a peach to shoot.

Last night I sealed the deal on my next Model 70, a red pad stainless classic. 24” sporter barrel chambered in 300 win mag. Can’t wait to get my hands on this one. It was a rifle I couldn’t pass up.

These winchesters are growing on me.
              Still wanting to find a .264 win mag Westerner style setup, maybe a super grade maple.
              Even though I just grabbed the 300 win mag I still wouldn’t mind a 22” barrel 30-06 also.

Last edited by SwampBuck; 02-13-2022, 02:38 PM.

Comment

3 of my favorite Winchester rifles .308, .243 featherweight and my all time favorite of these three the .225 with free float bbl.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                  Bumping this thread. Story time

I grew up watching my dad shoot a 50’s model .270 Winchester featherweight my grandpa had bought new. That rifle was magical to me and it kicked like a mule. One Thanksgiving I shot a big hog dead between the eyes with a 150 grain Winchester silver tip and it shattered both shoulders on that 250lb slob and rattled my teeth in the process. That gun hurts on both end.

Dad passed in October 2020 and I was finally able to call that old pre 64 mine. I need to get a good picture of it but it’s seen some use and shows it’s age. Hoping this coming season to put it back to work and take out a dandy 10 point I’ve been passing on for a few years at the lease my dad first took me hunting on.

Somehow I’ve always been a Remmy 700 fan, but a few years ago I picked up a solid 90’s super grade red pad. .270 Winchester. A true rifleman’s rifle. Ended up having to pillar bed and float the barrel and swapped the trigger spring. Now it makes nice little touching groups. 24” barrel, normal sporter contour

Shortly after my super grade purchase my MIL decided she wanted to go hunting and wanted her own rifle. She calls one day from the gun shop and asked if this was a good gun?
                  Current production 7mm-08 Super Grade… I told her absolutely it was. And with 120 reduced recoil loads it’s a peach to shoot.

Last night I sealed the deal on my next Model 70, a red pad stainless classic. 24” sporter barrel chambered in 300 win mag. Can’t wait to get my hands on this one. It was a rifle I couldn’t pass up.

These winchesters are growing on me.
                  Still wanting to find a .264 win mag Westerner style setup, maybe a super grade maple.
                  Even though I just grabbed the 300 win mag I still wouldn’t mind a 22” barrel 30-06 also.

Gorgeous guns! I had a blue 300win mag like that stainless one many years ago. It was a handful. Loved the gun but not the recoil lol

Comment

Yeah I’m anticipating a little bit of kick from that one. Part of the gig with a win mag though. For awhile I had a 30/06 Remington with no recoil pad that kicked like hell and I shot it plenty well. So this 300 won’t be all that much worse.

Comment

Beautiful rifles.

Comment

I have two. One 30-06 Featherweight I bought new in 1997 and another one I bought on here last year that is a limited edition Super Grade in 22-250.

Comment

The Rifleman's Rifle: Winchester's Model 70, some beautiful rifles there.

Comment

Model 70 FWT in 257 Roberts. No telling how many critters I've taken with this rifle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	24677452

Comment

Bumping this one up. Just got me a classic featherweight in 7/08. SN puts it being made in late 90’s or early 2000’s. Looking for one in 270 or 264WM now.

Comment

My grandfather gave me his several years ago. It's a .270 with the laminate stock. Beautiful gun, and deadly. My wife now uses it as her deer rifle.

Comment

Working...
                                X