Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My first fish caught using Tenkara. My Japanese friend from geology class gave me a Tenkara rod from Japan.

Comment

That first one has an incredible color to it.

Some people go bass fishing and catch the occasional gill. They are annoyed by the gill.
        I go gill fishing and catch the occasional bass. I am trilled by the bass.

I am a much happier fisherman

Comment

More Tenkara catches.

Comment

Have done quite a bit in Texas Oklahoma out west and Alaska several times awesome trips. Enjoy a person can do quite well on his own on then Kenai Peninsula. Several rivers and a lot of bears. Good luck

Comment

How is tenkara fishing different from fly fishing?

Comment

It's traditional Japanese FlyFishing just without a reel

Comment

I just picked it up this summer and have quickly become addicted. Hard to beat the fight of a good bass of a 5 wt. rod.

Comment

Just started last year, eventually want to do some spot and stalk on some reds on the coast

Comment

Comment

There is a Tenkara USA located in Driggs Idaho.... Really cool, my wife caught a really nice brown that we got mounted on a Tenkara....
                        I have been fly fishing now for 2 years and it is a blast.... Still waiting to do some saltwater fly fishing...

Comment

Nice buffalo!!! I have been fly fishing with a zebra in the background and bass fishing next to a swimming elk. Both of those were on high fence ranches though.

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post

I didn't catch this guy, but brushy creek in round rock, where I've been fishing has them in there... (Rio grande perch/ Texas cichlid)

I've thrown the box at them sight casting and can't get so much as a look much less a take... Any helpful hints or tips?

I want to catch one so bad I can hardly stand it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I have caught 4 in the past month on a orange streamer with a gold head... Didnt even know what it was when I first caught it.... If I knew how to put pictures up iv got the fish with the fly...

Comment

I catch the Rio grande perch on bead head nymphs and wolly buggers. Use a strike indicator for best results. I've caught hundreds on those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. Olive wooly buggers for rios

Comment

Working...
                                X