No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been MIA on here due to work, moving, and hunting season.

We had a slower hunt on Saturday with 13 killed, but every duck we saw, except two, were feet down in the decoys.

Sunday we had a much better shoot with 32 killed.

Definitely looking forward to my hunts this weekend. Taking customers on Friday, then have a full blind on Saturday and Sunday.
    Attached Files

Comment

We got after em this morning. Only took 15 minutes. They were thick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good hunts y’all!!

Comment

Squeezed out 5 today between the two of us.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday was a dud due to laziness parking the marsh buggy. Should’ve been a limit hunt in 45 mins but only finished with 5. Saw 1500 birds probably.

Pulling into the gate in 30 mins for another try this AM.

Comment

22 birds between 5 of us this morning . Didn't see much compared to yesterday and a couple quick triggers on flybys might have cost us another 4-6 birds but you never kill them if you don't shoot!

Back at them in the morning at another flooded field that had a bunch of birds in it today and yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                22 birds between 5 of us this morning . Didn't see much compared to yesterday and a couple quick triggers on flybys might have cost us another 4-6 birds but you never kill them if you don't shoot!

Back at them in the morning at another flooded field that had a bunch of birds in it today and yesterday.
                Hunted a place yesterday & there were a lot of birds. Today for the guys that went it was a ghost town for the most part. Maybe the weather had them settled in early.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Hunted a place yesterday & there were a lot of birds. Today for the guys that went it was a ghost town for the most part. Maybe the weather had them settled in early.
                  That guess is as good as I have heard.

You seen the front coming down mid week? The woodlands is showing 55 degrees Wednesday night! Maybe some new birds…. Or all the current birds just head further south

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    That guess is as good as I have heard.

You seen the front coming down mid week? The woodlands is showing 55 degrees Wednesday night! Maybe some new birds…. Or all the current birds just head further south
                    Yep ,never know with a front. With a full moon coming up I think we will have birds moving through some. I honestly believe the birds just straggle through & a lot are here a little later & hold for a bit. Our hunts the last few years during the 1st week or so of regular season look a lot like early teal season with all the bluewings we kill.
                    Who really knows though??? LOL!
                    Good Luck to Y'all this weekend!

Comment

Giving it a go this morning.
                      Thought my boy wanted to come with me, but he decided last minute not to.
                      And now someone has decided to set up shop 150 yards or so from me. Come on guys, lots of room, move out a little farther.
                      Gotta love public land

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                          Giving it a go this morning.
                          Thought my boy wanted to come with me, but he decided last minute not to.
                          And now someone has decided to set up shop 150 yards or so from me. Come on guys, lots of room, move out a little farther.
                          Gotta love public land

I know the feeling

Comment

Well the field is no longer flooded so we are gambling they will like 4-6” of water the size of a truck lol

We shall see

Comment

My and my dad ended with one limit yesterday morning. Should’ve definitely had more, but we all know how that goes!

My girl did awesome in her retrieves and loved going for a couple of swims.

Does anyone know, is this an immature cinnamon?

Also, found this tiny little horny toad! Was a cool find
                              Attached Files

Comment

Dropped one bird, but other critters got to it before I found it.
                                Besides three shots at start, nothing else. Not much shooting heard either.
                                Hopefully birds start moving south soon

Comment

Working...
                                X