No announcement yet.

Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good, thanks for the update Gary.

Comment

right after i just put out 4 bags of Rice Bran *facepalm*

Comment

I just put out 6 bags of oats, I hope it does good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
          right after i just put out 4 bags of Rice Bran *facepalm*
          Hoping they cleaned my feeder out before it rained!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

According to Farm Logs we have received about 2.5" in the last couple of days. My Mobile Camera confirms as I have a pretty good lake at one of my feeders. Starting to see a couple of nice bucks on camera.

Comment

It seems that most everyone is reporting at least 2.5" total but heavier to the west. Raining steady now and more expected this morning. Rains have not been hard and as dry as it was, not running much water over most of the county. The river is supposed to come up a few feet due to the rains in Schleicher County. It is currently 50 degrees with a chill factor of 45 due to the humidity and wind from the north.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                It seems that most everyone is reporting at least 2.5" total but heavier to the west. Raining steady now and more expected this morning. Rains have not been hard and as dry as it was, not running much water over most of the county. The river is supposed to come up a few feet due to the rains in Schleicher County. It is currently 50 degrees with a chill factor of 45 due to the humidity and wind from the north.
                Adios,
                Gary
                Great to hear on the rain.
                I hope we get an early freeze this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                  Great to hear on the rain.
                  I hope we get an early freeze this year.
                  Now 3" at the house. I hope we get a chance to grow a little grass before we get a freeze. The first good rain since it warmed up last spring and an early freeze might make for a short growing season.
                  I think that some of you guys and gals are going to be surprised at this year's antler growth. The good late winter and early spring gave the bucks with a little maturity a pretty good start. We also raised a lot more turkeys than what I previously thought.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Just being selfish on the early freeze.
                    We have a 100 acre wheat field that’s booming with deer after a hard freeze.
                    Last year they really didn’t start hitting hard till almost the end of season.

Comment

Any body got a chance to dove hunt? Headed up in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post

We didn’t have much flying last weekend. I imagine after this front it should be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not seeing many doves. Maybe after this weather settles down some will move down.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post

Decent number around the water holes in the evening last weekend. Half limits if you could shoot. Hopefully you have a food source to hunt over since the water hole hunts would probably not produce after the rains.

Comment

I have seen quite a few white wings along the river.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                                Brady feed and fertilizer has it.

Junction warehouse has it.

Higginbotham and Compton warehouse in Menard doesnt have it. Couldn't get ahold of Kothmann's feed to ask him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                                The feed store in Eden east of the prison has it. I've tried it and didn't have any luck with the axis.

Comment

Working...
                                X