Upright Freezer Brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upright Freezer Brand

Going to buy a new upright freezer for the garage and wanted to know if any brands are better than others. Also, is there any brands to stay away from?. Had a full freezer go out last week and want to avoid that happening again at all cost if possible. Thanks for the input.

If it’s for a garage go to Lowe’s and Home Depot and look for their scratch and dent sale. I have a GE I bought 15 years ago and still running strong.

Comment

I 2nd GE Brand

DONT BUY ANYTHING SAMSUNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought one from Lowe’s last week and really like the size. It is not as thick but just as efficient as the one next to it. Home Depot didn’t have any thing to compare to it

Comment

I bought a GE from Lowes last year and I'm happy with it. The main thing is to make sure it is on it's own circuit and not just plugged into a normal wall outlet in the Garage.

Comment

Anything that isn't Frigidaire.

Comment

I got tired of the box store ones going out (lost 2 in 4 years) so I bought a Hoshizaki commercial style upright freezer. It’s been awesome. Really thinking about going to a chest freezer though. Seems like a more useable space.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I’ll go see what Lowes has to offer

Comment

Chest freezers are ok until you need something in the bottom. I am trying to go the other route and get rid of the chests for up rights.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                    don't buy anything samsung
                    ^^^^this^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                      I bought one from Lowe’s last week and really like the size. It is not as thick but just as efficient as the one next to it. Home Depot didn’t have any thing to compare to it
                      This is what we just did, was delivered Tuesday. Ended up with the whirlpool, looked so much smaller than the one next to it that was another brand but had same amount of storage cu ft.

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                      Anything that isn't Frigidaire.
                      This, had a frigidaire lasted 5 years or so

Comment

I have a Kenmore 20 cu-ft upright freezer with the Mossy Oak camo door. No issues in the 5 years I've had it. Have a cousin that bought 2 of the same ones about the same time. No issues for him either.

These are frost free.

Comment

All new Fridges and Freezers have a mgf life expectancy of 5 years. If you get more you are great.
                          Buy the largest Upright freezer you can find.
                          Scratch and dent.
                          Also look for an appliance wholesaler.
                          new home builders buy in from these wholesalers. They normally have tons of freezers that are cheap.

Comment

Upright Frigidaire is the only appliance that survived the hurricane and flood at my last residence. Water was up 2’ on the door and it still works.

Comment

Make shur you get one that won’t quit if the temperature drops below freezing. I lost some frozen shad bait in a refrigerator freezer one year. At least all the slime refroze when it started back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X