Need ideas for carrying Bino/range finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ideas for carrying Bino/range finder

I'd like some suggestions or ideas on how to comfortably carry bino/range finder in the field. I don't really care for the harness systems...they tug on my upper neck and shoulder area which becomes a literal pain in the neck.

I bow hunt, rifle hunt, and hunt out west for a week every year. So I'd like something handy and durable. I'd like the binos to be quickly accessible.

I was thinking of maybe a fanny pack or something. Any ideas?

What harness systems have you tried before? I bought a FHF bino harness system this year, and it is so much more comfortable than I expected.

Comment

Try a kuiu Bino Harness with the range finder case. Works great for me

Comment

Made with high-quality Cordura, our binocular harness is designed to be quiet, lightweight, low profile, modular, and easily operated with one hand. The updated features of the PRO-M harness include MOLLE on the underside of the pouch for attachment of modular accessories.

I love this thing. It doesn’t pull on you like other harnesses.

Comment

I need to consolidate mine also.....good thread.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I started using a marsupial bino harness last year. I’ve been pretty impressed with it so far

Comment

Man FHF is proud of its gear. It doesn't even come with straps?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Thats what I was thinking. $220 for the stuff the op listed that he needed. Dang!!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  It has the straps included.

What you are seeing on that page is a specific set of straps that allows you to connect it to your hunting pack. Not needed for normal operation.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Lockdown-Adju.../dp/B00MS79MIO

^^Thats what I use, except mine is black. Works great.

Comment

Camofire has sitka harnesses on sale today.

8-10x
                      Camofire brings you a new lineup of deals on hunting gear, camo and clothes everyday! Our hunting deals are typically 40-70% off retail.

12-15x
                      Camofire brings you a new lineup of deals on hunting gear, camo and clothes everyday! Our hunting deals are typically 40-70% off retail.

Comment

Alaska guide creations makes a very comfortable harness, I have their kodiak cub maxx with a rain cover and range finder pocket.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My back pack, has two small pouches in the strap that goes around the waist. I have found that is the perfect place to carry my range finder. As for the binoculars, I have a bino harness, it works pretty good at keeping them on my chest and not swinging and flopping everywhere as I am hiking.

Comment

What

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              I'd like some suggestions or ideas on how to comfortably carry bino/range finder in the field. I don't really care for the harness systems...they tug on my upper neck and shoulder area which becomes a literal pain in the neck.

I bow hunt, rifle hunt, and hunt out west for a week every year. So I'd like something handy and durable. I'd like the binos to be quickly accessible.

I was thinking of maybe a fanny pack or something. Any ideas?
                              Crooked Horn and the Side Kick.
                              Sounds like you need to adjust them better if they are pulling on your neck. I've tried several of the other ones mentioned on this thread, but none come close as far a quietness and fast access the the CH and sidekick give ya. Only draw back is they are exposed to the elements.

Comment

Working...
                              X