Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinds

Anyone on here not use one? And by blinds i mean pop-ups, box blinds, etc. Not talking about brush blinds or just finding a spot to tuck back into.
    I have a tripod and a couple ladder stands but havent sat in one yet. I have sat underneath one of my ladder stands because of all the cover around the tree. This weekend me and my daughter just tucked back in some trees and hunted. I kind of like the idea of no blinds.....althought when it gets cold, i sure wouldnt mind a box stand with a heater. I think its pretty neat having them within bow range sitting on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have hunted a ton with no blind. I prefer to bring my "turkey chair" sit in some brush off trails and see what happens.

If i had a permanent spot or lease I would use a blind and feeder. But beggars can't be choosers. I have shot quite a few this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      I have hunted a ton with no blind. I prefer to bring my "turkey chair" sit in some brush off trails and see what happens.

If i had a permanent spot or lease I would use a blind and feeder. But beggars can't be choosers. I have shot quite a few this way.
      I feel like by doing that, you dont really change what the deer are used to seeing like putting up a box blind or a pop-up. I know they will get used to it eventually tho.

Comment

Anybody else?

Comment

I have a box blind but late in the year I will take a chair and sit next to a bush. I shot my buck last year less than 20 minutes after sitting next to a bush in a chair. I have had deer and elk walk with arms reach of me in Colorado while sitting on a stump. If you are still and quiet they don't seem to notice you.

Comment

The last 2 years my favorite setup is a chair at the base of an oak surrounded by cedars.
            This weekend my son and I sat in another area tucked under an oak in a couple.folding chairs.
            I dont use feeders at the lease and when it's not raining and my son is using his rifle this is how I like to hunt

Comment

I don’t have any trees big enough to get in and I’m getting old so I prefer to hunt out of a blind. Pretty tough to get close to a deer without one where I hunt.

Comment

I will be hunting on the ground at the base of a tree tomorrow. I will have a ghost blind in front of me though.

Comment

The buck in my pic is from finding where they were coming and going and creating a natural spot next to a tree. the buck walked right past me, never saw me...I LOVE hunting on the ground vs in a tripod or stand.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I will be hunting on the ground at the base of a tree tomorrow. I will have a ghost blind in front of me though.

Not familiar with the ghost blind. Any pics of yours or a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                      I don’t have any trees big enough to get in and I’m getting old so I prefer to hunt out of a blind. Pretty tough to get close to a deer without one where I hunt.
                      There's blinds, and then there's macoop blinds...

Comment

I plan on sitting on my dove chair tomorrow under some live oak branches that are **** near a blind.

Comment

Seems like a great idea. I hunt public land so this might be a great way to try hunting. But I do have 2 concerns.
                          1. What about snakes?
                          2. What are you doing for scent control?

Comment

I have a 8'x8' blind that I hunt out of. I use a redneck a/c when its hot and a heater when its cold. Sit in a big ol comfy office chair and watch football on my ipad on long or all day sits. Killed the buck in my avatar out of it last year.

Comment

I will start by saying I do have plenty of blind/stand spots set, but I have killed many animals stump hunting. Either drag cover around an old stump or carry in a small folding stool and sit next to a tree. Honestly probably still my favorite style of hunting, most challenging.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X