Feeder pig Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder pig Question

I bought 2 Hampshire pigs this weekend. I want to worm them orally. But cannot find any. I was told equine wormer is fine. I need the wisdom of the green screen. Subcutaneous Ivomec is not possible as its just me no help to hold them still.

Put a rope around their nose that runs inside their mouth and tie them to a stall. They will stay still and it will not hurt them. It keeps their attention, but it will be loud as they will squeal.

Comment

Ivomec pour on???

Comment

You will probably have to hold them down to get the horse wormer down too.. they make a pellet wormer made by safeguard you can feed the pigs.

Comment

Feed them charcoal?
          Country method?

BP

Comment

Check first but, in high school I used a paste for horses and just put it on their feed.

Comment

You can worm them with safe-gaurd paste in there feed. You can also use ivomec for swine/cattle and put in feed instead of injecting. We show pigs and worm ours both ways. The safeguard is great but only kills internal parasites. The ivomec will kill lice and mange also along with internal parasites

Neither should be used within 21 days of slaughter.
              Last edited by hogslayer78; 09-30-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                You can worm them with safe-gaurd paste in there feed. You can also use ivomec for swine/cattle and put in feed instead of injecting. We show pigs and worm ours both ways. The safeguard is great but only kills internal parasites. The ivomec will kill lice and mange also along with internal parasites

Neither should be used within 21 days of slaughter.
                This^^
                I worm my pigs and dogs on the 1st of every month. Just put the ivomec and safeguard goat wormer in their feed. I flavor it up a little with canned mackerel too. They think it's a monthly treat.
                I used to squirt it down their throats, but it can be a hassle.

Comment

Working...
                X