Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the Aggies can beat up on every team in the country except those teams they lose to which is only the elite. We get it.

Typical delusions of grandeur
    Last edited by Chad C; 11-21-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
      I keep hoping the transfer portal works in our direction with some hidden gen playing second team somewhere that wants to make a move, but with Jimbo constantly talking up Mond, there isn't much of a reason to transfer - I also thought we'd see more from Calzada this year. Calz highlight reel is awesome, but we don't see much from him.
      what's the status on James Foster ? Jimbo hand picked him out of Alabama's backyard and he was gonna be the next big-time stud QB at FSU. Kid followed JF to College Station and haven't heard a word about Foster's progress or possible playing time in the future. I'm guessing he's buried deep in the depth chart and won't see the field anytime soon.

Haynes King has strong LSU/Louisiana family ties but didn't blow up until recently, after LSU had secured their 2 QB commitments for 2020. Wish the kid well no matter where he plays CFB as he comes from a solid family
      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 11-21-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        I keep hoping the transfer portal works in our direction with some hidden gen playing second team somewhere that wants to make a move, but with Jimbo constantly talking up Mond, there isn't much of a reason to transfer - I also thought we'd see more from Calzada this year. Calz highlight reel is awesome, but we don't see much from him.
        One of my friends that follows aTm football more than me says Jimbo isn't a fan of transfers. Looks like we'll have one more year of Mond then Calzada & King can battle for starting gig in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          what's the status on James Foster ? Jimbo hand picked him out of Alabama's backyard and he was gonna be the next big-time stud QB at FSU. Kid followed JF to College Station and haven't heard a word about Foster's progress or possible playing time in the future. I'm guessing he's buried deep in the depth chart and won't see the field anytime soon.
          I haven't followed him too closely. I guessed earlier this year he would transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            The talent level we have today is not even close to what we had prior to 2012. That’s what you don’t get, it’s about depth....we have way more depth at positions where we never used to have it. We don’t proclaim, after one big upset win, that weeeeeeeee’re back. Looks like the days of ole Tejas just showing up and getting the win are long gone. The talent level has caught up. The inflated recruiting rankings are being exposed for what they are. All we hear is nothings changed.....that’s cool....because like Jimbo said, “It ain’t like it used to be.” The King is comin!! Haynes King, Demas and all their friends are coming!!
            Isnt this exactly what you do every time someone from LSU points anything bad about the Aggies with your 74-72 post or talking about the Gatorade bath? It was the first win in 7 years and was an upset and all you do is still brag about it. Exactly the same as the weeerre back stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
              Haynes King | Longview Football | Ultimate Junior Highlights - YouTube

I like him better than Mond. Hopefully Jimbo can development him into an elite QB.
              I agree, can make all the throws, buys time with his feet and most of all, sees the field extremely well. Under Jimbo's coaching, he will be a good one.
              I thought he was the best player in the state finals games last year when he was a Junior. Needs to put on weight and strength but that is generally not a problem at the next level. Hopefully redshirt and then compete for starting time in year two.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

One of my friends that follows aTm football more than me says Jimbo isn't a fan of transfers. Looks like we'll have one more year of Mond then Calzada & King can battle for starting gig in 2021.
                Last night in his weekly radio program he did say when asked 'we all (all coaching staffs) watch it, keep an eye on who's looking to move, to see if it's a position of need' but he didn't sound like he was going to rely on it at all. Overall, long term a coach can't get a reputation for constantly going to the portal and still recruit the top talent. These kids know who will and won't better deal them in a heartbeat.

I haven't followed him too closely. I guessed earlier this year he would transfer.
                He played a few snaps against S Carolina but didn't light the world on fire at all. He's also got an incredible highlight reel, just hasn't ever show anything at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  … you would realized that a little ol' 9-1 Sun Belt team has more P5 road wins than A&M.
                  Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  What?
                  Originally posted by systemnt
                  Im not sure why they play the game anymore.
                  You all are right.
                  Except when youre wrong.
                  Wassup baw … did you ever figure out the facts on P5 road wins or still confused ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Yes, the Aggies can beat up on every team in the country except those teams they lose to which is only the elite. We get it.

One of those things that just kinda makes you smile and think only aggy

Comment

He played well enough to beat Heismond Jeaux.....
                      Jeaux will more than make up for it this year. Bring your Boudreaux's butt paste. You will need it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Isnt this exactly what you do every time someone from LSU points anything bad about the Aggies with your 74-72 post or talking about the Gatorade bath? It was the first win in 7 years and was an upset and all you do is still brag about it. Exactly the same as the weeerre back stuff.
                        Let em have that game. It was a championship for them. And, got them some rings. It's sad. We all know it was tainted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Ooops, I missed OU in his comment.

Yes, I would expect A&M to beat the others this year that Bob listed as should Texas. Not lose 2 of those games as Bob suggested. Let's face it, Texas did not play good in any of those games. I'm sure Herman will right the ship and win this weekend. That's what he does. We know he can win the big games, but can he get past the teams he should beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Let em have that game. It was a championship for them. And, got them some rings. It's sad. We all know it was tainted.
                            Don't forget about their awesome printed cups for a regular season game win. I would cringe if LSU had done something like this after beating Bama this year.

Comment

The talent level we have today is not even close to what we had prior to 2012. That’s what you don’t get, it’s about depth....we have way more depth at positions where we never used to have it. We don’t proclaim, after one big upset win, that weeeeeeeee’re back. Looks like the days of ole Tejas just showing up and getting the win are long gone. The talent level has caught up. The inflated recruiting rankings are being exposed for what they are. All we hear is nothings changed.....that’s cool....because like Jimbo said, “It ain’t like it used to be.” The King is comin!! Haynes King, Demas and all their friends are coming!!
                              You don't proclaim you're back, but you claim it aint like it used to be reapeatedly, based on what? Jimbo? You're last 4 coaches said the same thing, and it's just like it's always been. Heard the same about every quarterback, including Mond...

You have to have been there, in order to be back.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                                Don't forget about their awesome printed cups for a regular season game win. I would cringe if LSU had done something like this after beating Bama this year.
                                It’s not like it was a game worthy of a Gatorade bath. Oh wait..lol

Comment

Working...
                                X