DECKED Tool Box Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DECKED Tool Box Opinions

I'm looking at a DECKED full bed, slide drawer tool box vs. a traditional toolbox for a 5'6" bed and would appreciate opinions.

I would primarily use it for your basic tools, fencing tools, tow straps/chains and hunting/fishing equipment.

Obvious pros - increased storage volume, waterproof, allows for full length use of your bed, could throw sleeping stuff on top for truck camping, and could use it with a camper shell if I ever needed to.

Obvious cons - price, loss of bed depth, probably can't use it if you buy a new truck

Anyone that's had experience with them?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

One of my customers runs them in their work trucks and loves them, they are hard on their equipment also. I'd have one if I didn't need a gooseneck hitch.

Comment

DECKED Tool Box Opinions

In have a friend who has a diamond back truck cover. He’s got it divided up pretty nicely. A SWB truck can carry up to 2 4-wheelers on top (if you have the heavy duty cover) or a single cab side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by JonW; 01-18-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I am considering one as well. I do wish they were a tad shorter. I would give up a little drawer depth to have more bed up top. It just looks like it would be easy for things like coolers, chainsaws, weed eaters, gas cans to fall out and wouldn’t leave much room on top for stuff like bags of corn

In for reviews from those that have them.

Comment

I have one in my Toyota it’s nice but the lose of the bed is a big con, if you can find a used one cheap it’s hard to pass but I don’t think they are worth it for the cost of new, I got mine super cheap or I would have just got a tool box

Comment

Originally posted by Stetsonoverton View Post
            I have one in my Toyota it’s nice but the lose of the bed is a big con, if you can find a used one cheap it’s hard to pass but I don’t think they are worth it for the cost of new, I got mine super cheap or I would have just got a tool box
            Can you give me some examples of when the lack of bed depth messed with you?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Putting any type of furniture, prolly safe but sketchy for coolers, corns no problem. Makes bow and gun cases stick up high out of the bed and don’t like that. Loading a four wheeler in is more difficult as well.

Comment

You lose a ton of bed space due to their design. Empty, unusable space left around it.

Comment

They’re cool!

Comment

If I was in the new truck market I'd look for one. From the sales pitch it seems plenty deep for coolers etc.

Anyone got real world pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We use the weather guard pack rat boxes on our trucks at work. They are very good boxes
                      We are using them on the ford f550 with I think 14 foot beds

Comment

Working...
                      X