Vortex Viper PST Gen II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Viper PST Gen II

Any feedback on these? Looking at the 5-25x50 FFP MOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they are good. I have 2 of them, the 5-25 and the 3-15. Both in mil though. I’d recommend them. They are real good for the money. Keep in mind that they are much bigger and heavier than a 3-9 type scope. The size might be a factor depending on what you are wanting to do with the rifle.

Comment

I’ve ran 4 PSTs and 3 PST IIs. I’ve had a huge dislike for anything Vortex besides the Razor line after the original PST, but the PST II changed that. 2 of my 4 PSTs failed with very easy use. I treat my gear way too rough to fail as easy as they did, which caused me to sell of my other two as well. The Gen II has held up much better, and has better glass and turrets to boot. For a economical mid to long range option I think they’re pretty solid. I’ve put a couple through the ringer, and haven’t had an issue yet. Thinking I’ll stick a 3-15 FFP on a new rim fire myself.

Comment

The GenII are a big improvement in glass quality in the Viper PST line but thet are not any where close to the Razor.

Comment

I've shot a Gen II 5-25 on top of a Bergara 6.5 and it was awesome! I found the illumination to be useful when the scope was turned down to low power. I don't feel like it put any kind of glare into the scope at all, which can be a problem on poor illumination.

It is a big, burly scope though. I think it is around 16" long. If you are looking to put one on a hunting rifle, I'd probably suggest the 3-15, or another scope all together if weight is a concern. If you don't care about weight, throw one on and go! I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
          X