Bankers, businessmen? Bank refuses to deposit customers check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankers, businessmen? Bank refuses to deposit customers check

Have been with my bank since 1999. Deposited a check from a customer a few days ago and then got a call from the bank saying they will not deposit it and to come get it. Went to the bank and their explanation was that this type of check is easily forged and they will not accept it. Must get a different form of payment from customer. Decision supposedly came from branch managers boss.

Needless to say, I'm pretty agitated. Have deposited checks from this customer before with no issues. Do not want to ask customer to pay differently. Its a check. Payment by check has been done for a little while now.......

Is this normal? New rules? Have yall had an issue with this?

Can they not contact his bank and verify funds, or whatever they call it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very strange. Especially if they didn't even try and run the the check. They could verify your funds later, but should still at least try and deposit.

Comment

Sumptin' ain't right

Comment

Mobile Deposit it, see what happens.

Comment

go to his bank and get a bank check and deposit that

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
              Better yet, go to his bank and cash it.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                That’s the ticket, right there

Comment

If it had adequate funds and my bank wouldn't deposit I'd be looking for a new bank. Sounds like chicken ****.

Comment

[
                    Originally Posted by az2tx View Post

QUOTE=STGS;15454663]Better yet, go to his bank and cash it.[/QUOTE]

Might be a fee for that but it’s worth a shot.

What if it’s an internet only bank? How does that work?

Comment

That's very odd. Bank or credit union? If a bank suspects fraud, they wouldn't ever return the check to you. I'd meet with the manager in person and ask them to explain their reasoning. After that, I'd go find another bank to use moving forward.

Comment

They told me the check could be rejected up to 6 months later and if it was, the funds would come out of my account.

Ok? I'm willing to risk it. This isn't some fly by night customer. Been in business for 20 plus years... I have known the owner for over 10yrs.

Changing banks is definitely an option. This is bs.

May try mobile banking, will look into it. Im not that high tech.

Woodforest National Bank

Comment

My bank is a joke. They try this **** on me occasionally. And with checks from municipalities. The problem...power hungry little “branch managers” or up and comers who just went and bought their first tie. Usually goes like this in as loud a talking voice as I can...”has the city of Lewisville(for example) written this institution a bad check in the past? Has the city of Lewisville written any customer or any bank that you’re aware of, a bad check in the past? Has my business account of 20 years here, ever been issued a bad check from the city of Lewisville or any other municipality? Or did you just make a bad decision based on zero evidence?”

Good luck OP.

Comment

Get away from wood forest. My father in law worked for them and hated it. They marketed to bad / low credit folks so I’m sure they deal with a lot of bs.

Nevertheless that they are telling you doesn’t make sense. I’d just tell them if they won’t deposit the check then you are closing the account. Put the ball in their court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Everything is automated and instantly verified or kicked back.......I would suggest their is more to the story they cannot share with you. It is vexing but geaux to his bank. I have experienced akot of security changes since 911.....even in Germany......but that's another story![emoji36]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X